Thread: Handheld consoles vs mobile phones

Thanks

Default Handheld consoles vs mobile phones

Video gaming was dominated before by arcades, handheld consoles, and home consoles. Now, even mobile phones can generate console level graphics. My Galaxy Note 2 can play just about anything.

If you were to choose between a handheld console (like the 3DS or the PS Vita) and mobile phones like the Note 3 and the iPhone, which would you choose and why?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I would prefer playing games on my mobile phone because I can be able to do something else when I want to take a break from the game. Also, I like Nintendo games, which I can download the Nintendo emulator on my smartphone, and then I can play any Nintendo games on my mobile phone. The graphic of the games are the same on my smartphone and the graphic of the games on the handheld console, which I like how I'm able to play games on mobile device.

Thanks

Me too. I prefer mobile phones because I could do more with them. Aside from playing games (which are of console quality), there are also a lot of apps that could entertain. Camera apps, photo editors, drawing apps, etc.

And back to gaming, there are a lot of free games to be downloaded. Neat.

Thanks

I've tried to play games on my iPhone before but I just find the controls so difficult to adjust to, after playing the games on handheld consoles for so long. I even tried downloading the mobile version of Rayman 2 one time, as it was free to download at the time and it was one of my favorite games as a kid, but I stopped playing it after a few minutes because it was just so bizarre to go from playing it on Nintendo 64 to using a touchscreen.

Thanks

I have always preferred to play using consoles because they are optimized to play games. Phones do not have that much battery power to hold the phone for long if you continue playing the game for long.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikelouis View Post
    I have always preferred to play using consoles because they are optimized to play games. Phones do not have that much battery power to hold the phone for long if you continue playing the game for long.
    That's my main issue against playing on the phone as well, if I get distracted and play for too long on the train ride into work, I'll be out of battery by the time the day is over and I can't make calls if something happens on the way back home.