Thread: Problems with Nokia Lumia 520

Thanks

Default Problems with Nokia Lumia 520

I thought I'd be different so I bought a Nokia Lumia 520 with windows 8. That should probably read Windows Hate because if I could go back 2 days I would not have bought this phon because it can't find anything on my sd card and it appears that there is no file manager. To make matters worse, my Microsoft account is not activating and Word, Wallet, Windows Store and Internet Explorer don't work, probably because I can't activate my account. I first saw this phone whilst travelling in Europe and, on a positive note, I liked the look and feel of the product, its not expensive and it uses the familiar Windows. Anyway, I have read that I need to do a factory reset on this phone in order to correct the authentication issue. Has anyone here had this problem and tried this solution. I'm slighty weary of trying it myself because a factory reset of an android tablet recently reverted it to Chinese and the touch screen stopped working, probably because the drivers were deleted.

cheers
    OC

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Optima Collins View Post
    Anyway, I have read that I need to do a factory reset on this phone in order to correct the authentication issue. Has anyone here had this problem and tried this solution. I'm slightly weary of trying it myself because a factory reset of an android tablet recently reverted it to Chinese and the touch screen stopped working, probably because the drivers were deleted.
    I have done a couple of factory resets on my Android phone but have never experienced iit reverting to Chinese language or the touch screen stopping to work. The reason why there is a factory reset is to make the product revert back to its default settings. I don't think that all phones would revert back to being Chinese and all (unless the phone was programmed to be Chinese in the first place and it is the default setting.

If you are still having some doubts, just go to an expert.

Thanks

my 920 locked up, and i reformatted it with the latest software, didn't take too long either