Thread: Do you surf on internet on smartphone, tablet, or computer most?

Thanks

Default Do you surf on internet on smartphone, tablet, or computer most?

There are a lot of people who use smartphones, tablets, and computers, which they have at least two of the three. I don't have all three, and I usually surf on internet on my smartphone because it's convenient and I don't have to carry my tablet or computer all the time. My smartphone is the only gadget I carry with me everywhere I go, which it's much easier to surf internet on the mobile device. What about you? What gadget do you use to surf on internet often?

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I use a surf board gadget

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 836 Posts

I use my iphone, quickest portable device I have. I have a generic 7" cheapie tablet which I hotspot the iphone with to watch stuff, but I mainly use it as a ebook. I have an iPad but I'm too scared to take it out of the house most of the time because sooner or later I'll drop the overpriced thing. ( I love it but I would love it more if it was cheaper).

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,969 Times in 1,289 Posts

I use what i have on hand at the time laptop , i pad , android phone.

SS Dave
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

Thanks

I use my computer most often. I don't own a tablet and my smartphone is pretty slow.

Overall, I enjoy seeing lots of things at once and even though many websites have mobile versions, there are many features that are missing or inaccessible. Flash is one of the main ones, as well as JavaScript. I find that when you 'mouse over' something with a touch screen, you end up either accidently going to a different destination than what you intended or you have to hold it down and then move your finger to a different location before tapping on your desired link.

In terms of ease of access and information intake, I believe computers will always be much better than smaller mobile devices.

Premium Member

Thanks

Mostly surf the net on my desktop mainly because of the large screen is good to look at, particulary photos. Next used is my tablet with a 10" screen, adequate.

Don't use the mobile for browsing the net as it is only a prepaid with a restricted allocation. In any case too small.

Thanks

I usually surf on my phone just to check on how my forum is doing. I do have 500MB of 4G per month, but my forum doesn't take a whole lot. I also check it for my tumblr blog, twitter, and facebook.

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Desktop PC, only use iPhone and tablet as a backup.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Laptop for me, followed by one of my desktops. I have smart phones but cannot convince myself that they are better than the lappy for portable computing. My smartphone is useful for getting directions when I am out, or checking bank balances, but that is all. If they could run the likes of excel with a decent keyboard, I might move closer to the smartphone brigade but, for now, they are like insurance, a necessary evil that you hope never to need, but are glad you have it when you do.

Thanks

If I'm out or if I have a quick thing to do, I will do it on my iPhone. But for the most part, I do feel kind of uncomfortable surfing the web on my portable devices as opposed to my computer, so when I have the chance I will most often try and get my laptop out. I'm the same way about any online purchases. I know it's possible and probably quite easy from a phone, but it just feels important to me to do it on my computer anyhow.

Thanks

It will depend on what am doing exactly on the internet. Of course if it is heavy downloads, I would prefer to use my computer other than the Tablet. But social media interactions and forum chatting I would go for either a Tablet or Smartphone because of portability and reliability.

Thanks

I use my laptop the most, but that's because I don't leave the house often. Back when I left on a regular basis, I used the internet the most on my phone. Now that I'm mostly at home it's more convenient to use my computer for the internet. I often forget about my phone completely.