Thread: Different brand of mobile phone battery?

Thanks

Default Different brand of mobile phone battery?

I used to have the Samsung Note 3, and the battery capacity is 3200 mAh, which is good enough because it can go through one day without any charge. However, I was thinking about bigger battery capacity, which is 6400 mAh. However, it is not made by Samsung. Is it ok to use a bigger battery but not made by the same mobile brand? Will it possible to cause fire or explode?

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Replacing a battery with one that has higher capacity does NOT hurt anything.

To avoid lawsuits manufacturers have to put warning labels on batteries as well as other components this is because there are some real idiots who have a habit of disassembling things then hurting themselves and with out these warning labels a lawsuit would be inevitable.

Provided you haven't actually disassembled the battery you will be fine, taking out / replacing the battery and putting it back in does not constitute a problem.

Thanks

I've never tried using a different brand of battery with different capacity on my phone before and I would never want to try it on a phone worth 700 bucks. I always thought that doing this could mess up the phone. Yet, jwoegerbauer says that it's okay to use a different battery with a different capacity on a phone. Hmm, I'll take his word for it but I'm still not doing it. Haha!