Thread: Ipads/tablets

Thanks

Default Ipads/tablets

Why are Ipads much more expensive than Tablets ??

cant seem to find one under $400 odd
    Last edited by HILLVIEW103; 11-02-14 at 12:18 PM.

Look Here ->

Thanks

Apple work on higher margins thank their competitors - always have done.

• The Following User Says Thank You to shred For This Useful Post:

HILLVIEW103 (11-02-14)

2014 Austech AFL tipping champion.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 804 Posts

When your android device stuffs up, and you take it back to Dick Smith/ Harvey Norman and wait weeks and weeks for problem to be sorted, you'll understand

When you go into Apple, they will solve your problem 95% on the spot.

Go into Apple Perth one day, you'll be blown away.

Are you after one, if so, I have the deal for you

Thanks
    Thanked 1,797 Times in 862 Posts

You get what you pay for...
    Quality brand names usually come along ith a good support and service, for example Samsung.
    Apple is a pain in b... when it comes to do things that on other devices simply work after a simple copy and paste action but consider this (even though I hate Apple) :
    They are constantly on the edge of new technology! What you see in a current Apple can take years to appear on similar products without the fruit symbol.
    In fact they are so good at tit that there are constant law battles as other copy their designs.
    Of course their stunt to get a copyright for the look of a tablet/phone was way off...
    Things like being slim, leight weight and still offer a long battery time are standard and not just pure luck.
    Check a cheap Android tablet for dimensions and battery life only and you realise why it takes mones to make them extrem light and slim.
    There is also the support from other sides, you find docking stations to play your music for the rotten fruit at every corner, finding something for your cheap android phone can be impossible unless you go the Bluetooth way.
    Most new cars now offer you Apple compatibilty on top of the usual BT pairing for your phone.
    Ok, you might wonder why: Apple has secured the market by promoting their products and necessary hardware to most car maufacturers, in the first years basically without any profit on it
    Well, as said above they also have a working support that is fast and reliable.

But I have to say there are downsides two.
    For example the extreme safety and DRM "features". If you have a nice MP3 collection of your favourite vinyl any 2$ MP3 player works after simply dropping the files on it, on your Aplle you have to import them into your Itunes and trnasfer them from there, not nice imho.
    The repair costs are high for all modern devices with high res screens but if you do manage to break it on your Apple it is best to have the extra insurance for it.
    The fruit products are also prime targets for a quick theft. Some schools go as far as banning mobile phones, tablets and players unless provided for school use.
    There is more but it like thebattle between Ford and Holden - mostly based on personal experience

If you don't mind the "hassles" and stick to legal stuff it is only a matter of liking and money.
    People that got used to Apple will mostly stick with them, same for those that avoid them once they decided not to like them.
    All up you really get value for your money although your new fancy tablet be replaced with the next model once you start to like yours ROFL
    When it comes to budget I recommend a good Android device, no questions asked, but professional use with some secure work at your job and for pure quality you can't beat them....
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

Thanks

agreed , went into apple shop in Perth last week. made an appointment with a tech to sort out an ipad that had developed a faulty cellular issue.
    was in there for 40 mins while they had a good look at it and walked away with a brand new ipad
    there service for that sort of stuff is second to none

Thanks

Apple is the popular brand that makes very high-end Ipads, which most of them are quite expensive. One reason I have noticed is that the build-quality is excellent, which Apple makes Ipads to last for a long time. Most of the tablets are made of plastics, and they are sure less expensive and don't feel as premium as Ipads do. I do like Ipads for this specific reason, but I think they are still very expensive.

Thanks

There are so many tablets under your price range. You can check out those from Samsung, they are cheaper than iPads but still have good performance also. I would go for them personally as I have one already.