Thread: ComNav Expander Trouble Device 191

Thanks

Default ComNav Expander Trouble Device 191

Hi All,

I've recently installed myself a Hill ComNav board into my Nx12 Alarm system. All functions are working perfectly - email, sms, web access etc. I've not configured telephone access but everything is plugged in accordance with the manual.

My trouble is that from first installation the device keeps reporting "Expander Trouble Device 191" and then after a little while "Expander Trouble Restore Device 191" and then the cycle repeats. It could be minutes or hours between errors/restores/errors and doesn't appear to have a pattern of any sort or related to other activities.

Has anyone else had trouble like this? Is there a solution? I'm on my second board having sent the first one back with this trouble already.

Thanks,
    Dave.

Look Here ->

Thanks

Expander trouble occurs when a device connected to and registered on the bus looses communications with the panel. If you've replaced the ComNav already, the only 2 items you have left in common are the the panel & the cable in between.

It could also be some weired arsed conflict on the bus with new devices etc. There's been pretty much no development on the ComNav since it's inception so this wouldn't suprise me.