Thread: Jaycar QV3028 help?

Thanks

Default Jaycar QV3028 help?

Hey,

I have a here that is giving me some problems, I can't get the menu to come up on the screen, not with the remote, the front panel, or the mouse. Everything else is working fine, just can't get into the menu to change settings.

Got it off a mate, who had one of his employees set it up, so I don't know the username/password to log in via network to see if that works, nmap showed me the IP address and port numbers, so I'm good there. The manual states "If you forget system password, please consult with the service personnel.", I contacted Jaycar, but they couldn't help.

Anyone have any ideas on either, why the menu is not showing, or how to reset the unit with out menu access?

Thanks,
    Dave

Look Here ->
    Thanks

have you tried the usual admin : 123456, 1234, 1111, 0000 type passwords

According to
    Password is 123456 unless it has been changed
    Last edited by mutanti; 02-03-14 at 10:02 AM.

Thanks

Yer mate, tried all of them, the unit in that manual is completely different to the one I have here.

Banned
    Thanks

I hardly EVER change the password from default for exactly this reason. The DVR should be in a secure location anyway

Thanks

Maybe pop the lid to see if there is a reset option. A jumper or battery you could remove etc.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...

Thanks

The manual can be found at jaycar.

Take the lid off and see if the front PCB Board for the buttons is screwed in tight as I have seen a couple with loose screws and the menu button wasn't being depressed enough to activate.

Also, you must press STOP before accessing the MENU
    Last edited by bet2win; 02-03-14 at 08:06 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

When you say you contacted Jaycar, was it the service department itself?

1300 738 555 is the national sales number in Sydney (Electus Distribution), but they can transfer you.

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated. I ended up getting it all sorted.

To log in via network you have two options, Internet Explorer (Active X) or the Netviewer software provided on the Jaycar site. I haven't used IE for a while now, so went with the Netviewer software, after many hours trying different passwords, I thought I'd fire up XP in a virtual machine and try IE, straight in with no password, reset to factory defaults, scanned IP and ports again, logged back in with IE, set a password, and again attempted to log in with the Netviewer software, still no go, looks like the software doesn't work. Logged back in via IE, and attempted to update firmware with the update from the Jaycar site, wrong hardware ID, so would seem that the software Jaycar have posted on their site is not actually for the QV-3028, or at least not this QV-3028.

Back to the original problem, still no access to the menu. I noticed when I was logged in via IE that It didn't show the HDD, so removed the HDD connected to a PC and tested it, all seemed to be working fine. Fired up the unit with out the HDD in it, and the Menu popped up, shutdown, reinstalled HDD, rebooted, now have access to the menu, was able to format the HDD, and it's all working as it should.

Thanks again for the replies.