Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 missing

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

It ain't gonna 'go away' until a) the wreckage is found and b) someone is found to blame for this mess.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    It ain't gonna 'go away' until a) the wreckage is found and b) someone is found to blame for this mess.
    Otherwise we will have all the loony conspiracy theorists telling us that all the governments joined together and caused it.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,079 Times in 9,094 Posts

The latest.....

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 777 Posts

I heard there were 20 "top secret" irreplaceable guys on board 13-14 of them Chinese.

The Chinese want them back, dead or alive!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    The latest.....

If true, Malaysia Airlines will be getting quite a few more flight cancellations in the foreseeable future....who would want to fly with them now?
    Last edited by mandc; 25-03-14 at 11:22 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mandc View Post
    If true, Malaysia Airlines will be getting quite a few more flight cancellations in the foreseeable future....who would want to fly with them now?
    Me! I would fly with them no problem!

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 777 Posts

terminally ill patient with a large insurance policy that has a catastrophic death clause?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Latest announcement is their 'Satisfied with the current Data' and Flight MH370 has crashed into the Indian Ocean and there were no survivors.
    Now to confirm that any or all of the observed debris is from the Plane and if so, can the 'Black Box's be found and retrieved even from that depth?

Without the 'Black Box's data, it will continue to be supposition as to what happen in the roughly one hour after the plane disappeared of the Radar and the ID transponder was turned off.
    I know nothing about aircraft but I cannot see any 'event' happening where the plane by a malfunction would make such a dramatic change of direction then travel on until it seems it most likely ran out of fuel.

Most would remember those 2 aircraft that lost Cabin pressure after reaching their cruise altitude and because 'George' (auto pilot) was set, flew on towards their original destination until they ran out of fuel.

My Sincerest Sympathies and Condolences to all those who lost Family and Friends on that flight.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 25-03-14 at 03:09 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

It's crazy...9 news, on it's nightly report, just said that Australia was awaiting the receipt of a black box retrieval unit, to help search for the one from the plane.

Why the f wouldn't we have one in Australia all the time?

I wonder where all the submarines in the world always are? They must just sit in dock or something?

Makes me wonder how simple it would have been for this plane to do a 9/11 into Australia?

Sorry, but I am absolutely staggered how much lack of knowledge and expertise there appears to be on what to do in these circumstances? Even our Navy is said to have stopped looking at the moment as it is too rough out there at the moment...maybe we need some better boats?

I sure hope our military learns a few lessons on looking after the airspace around Australia.

Amazing how"secure" we all thought were, that everything is monitored everywhere...certainly doesn't seem the case does it?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Weather was forecast.... rough seas are rough seas, even ocean liners steer around them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

i heard on the news that it was the GPS data from the engines which pinpointed the location. Rolls Royce demand that the data is continually sent out.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post
    It's crazy...9 news, on it's nightly report, just said that Australia was awaiting the receipt of a black box retrieval unit, to help search for the one from the plane.

Why the f wouldn't we have one in Australia all the time?

I wonder where all the submarines in the world always are? They must just sit in dock or something?

Makes me wonder how simple it would have been for this plane to do a 9/11 into Australia?

Sorry, but I am absolutely staggered how much lack of knowledge and expertise there appears to be on what to do in these circumstances? Even our Navy is said to have stopped looking at the moment as it is too rough out there at the moment...maybe we need some better boats?

I sure hope our military learns a few lessons on looking after the airspace around Australia.

Amazing how"secure" we all thought were, that everything is monitored everywhere...certainly doesn't seem the case does it?
    I think I read somewhere that only a few countries have them. As to subs, we have 6 and usually only 1 in operational condition. Regardless on that one, you cant just drive one around looking out the window. If it was beneficial having subs there, China would have sent plenty of them. There is a tropical cyclone warning on, and while I feel sorry for the families of the people lost I dont think we need to sacrifice our own people when its clear there are no survivors. Its also worth nothing we are talking about an area 2500 km's of WA.....a long long way from us. It takes a long range Orion 4 hours to get there, 2 hours of searching and then 4 hours back. So out of a total of 10 hours in the air, 8 is travel time......thats how far out of the way we are talking.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

I fail to see how the engine data can be sent back to RR unless there is a specific satellite data link.
    Which as it has it from the news tonight they spoke about using inmarsat. Satellite phones are not a lot different from mobile phones. The inmarsat mating signal which was still transmitting was used.
    They asked inmarsat (I'm guessing they asked a lot of organisations) if they could detect any signal from it. They obviously did but it didn't carry any positional information.
    Instead they used the doppler shift from the signal to calculate it's location. Looking at the diagram on the TV, it was just a matter of bidirectional triangulation which gave one of two possibilities.

One was north west over the Bay of Bengal heading towards Europe and the other south west into the Indian Ocean.

"Even our Navy is said to have stopped looking at the moment as it is too rough out there at the moment...maybe we need some better boats?"
    Ha.... Have you ever been in a 20m swell? It's not pleasant even in a big ship with an experienced crew. And the roaring forties are not somewhere I'd like to lose anything.

I'm surprised to hear where it has ended up. I thought for sure they were on a wild goose chase in the southern Indian ocean. They've been tight lipped about why they decided to search there but now it appears they got that evidence from inmarsat.

So keeping the cockpit a mystery. The question is what were the passengers doing ?
    If there was a hijack, they would have become aware of it very quickly and with Sept11 on their minds, I would think some, if not most passengers would risk their lives to regain control of the plane if they could.
    Being it was a redeye flight, most passengers would be unaware of their flight path. If the air crew outside of the cabin didn't know something was up, then most of the passengers would have been sleeping.
    At what point did the passengers realise something was wrong? Chances are some of the debris may provide an answer to that too.

Think about what you might do if you realised your 5 hour flight was completely off course 2 hours into that flight ?
    I'm picturing myself like the crazy man in the twilight zone with a gremlin on the wing ripping pieces off the plane and throwing them in the engine.
    Only the pilots have gone fvcking nuts and I'm trying to convince the hostesses that I'm not the fvcking crazy one because we're flying in completely the wrong direction !!
    (Another one of my habits while flying - always looking out the window navigating) I hate not having a window seat.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Thanks

The relatives of those killed on Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 will receive US$5000 ($5,500) in compensation from the airline and "continued support".

The announcement was made today by Malaysia Airlines CEO, Ahmad Jauhari Yahya, who said the airline is prepared to increase their payments as the search for the plane's wreckage continues.

"This unprecedented event in aviation history has made the past 18 days the greatest challenge to face our entire team, " Mr Yahya said.

Relatives distraught as hopes end

Family of Australians on board MH370 speak

In added heartbreak for the relatives, it emerged today that some families were told by text that the passenger jet crashed into the southern Indian Ocean leaving no survivors.

He said the search continued to be "fairly urgent" given there's only some 13 days of life left on the beacon battery that would pinpoint the location of the black box.

However, the search has been suspended due to bad weather in the area.

Is this an insult 5k payout for the grief and loss are these guys serious
    Chieflets

Banned
    Thanks

I realize it is a long way to the final search area..the Orion's can only do what they are capable of...I don't propose a sub goes looking out the windows, that's silly, surely tho', one would have sonar etc to detect debris, old wrecks etc on the seabed? With all the civilian commercial planes we have, that go over water towards the Pacific and surrounds, full of passengers, a black box detector seems a pretty obvious inclusion to have...and hope you never have to use it! I agree we need no sacrifice in finding them, but I still thought our fleet these days would be fairly resilient, as compared to commercial ocean liners and freighters. Maybe I've seen to many old b/w war movies of navies battling Atlantic gales and storms, hunting each other remorselessly. I still think we look venerable, especially when you consider that at one stage, as the aircraft presumably flew past the central WA coast, it was a lot closer to shore than where it ended up in finality, but again went undetected.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    Think about what you might do if you realised your 5 hour flight was completely off course 2 hours into that flight ?
    Think about what you might do if you realised your 5 hour flight was completely off course 2 hours into that flight ?[/QUOTE]

Most people on an o/s flight would have little understanding of what direction they were travelling in, without a ground reference point, or the sun to give you an inkling...at night or in heavy cloud, with no tools like a mobile with gps to use, I'd be stuffed to know where I am?

I still think the cabin was somehow de-pressurised, knocking the entire lot of passengers out, and not able to make any cell phone calls...whether this was deliberate or not, or a sad accident, then we only hope they find that box quickly?

Poor buggers...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

$5000 in compensation?? Is that meant to somehow be an aid to the families, or one of the biggest insults in modern history!?
    You get more from having unprotected sex resulting in a baby, in Australia.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 25-03-14 at 07:49 PM.

Thanks

now to put a whole different spin on this, conspiracy theory!
    what would be the best way to get a whole bunch of chinese people past border protection swiftly mmmm, me thinks drop a plane of the coast of WA, a few dead innocents for the cause!
    woteva

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Finding the black box probably won't reveal too much
    it only records the last two hours

• The Following User Says Thank You to weirdo For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (25-03-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 1,059 Posts

The plane took off as normal and discovered a fire in the Landing Gear, known problem.
    They took evasive action by climbing to 45,000 to deprive the fire of oxygen and in doing so caused the crack in the fuselage to allow decompression in the cabin.
    They then turned the plane back to the nearest landing strip that could land the plane in Malaysia, hence the heading to the current crash site.
    They turned off the electrical services sequentially on the plane in the hope of stopping the fire.
    The decompression eventually rendered everyone unconscious and the Auto Pilot maintained the course until they ran out of fuel.
    The Government tried to blame the Pilot as he had an Anti government stand.
    The Copilot was a ring in as the normal one called in sick three days before the flight. The Malaysians are are foolishly covering up the truth.

It is all about who knows who when it comes to the truth.
    Last edited by Reschs; 26-03-14 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Additional information.

• Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast