Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New IPTV Service

Thanks

I tried the IPTV "enigma2" service before MrCovers went on his honeymoon and it was superb. My download speed is only 2.5mbps and the HD pictures coming through were fantastic yet jittery at times due to my poor bandwidth. There was an excellent EPG for the UK channels. Of course the only problem is that you are watching live TV and the international channels program times don't suit us very well in Australia. Very well worth a try.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to car54 For This Useful Post:

tristen (04-04-14),weirdo (04-04-14)

Thanks

ill be back tommorow. atm he is changing servers for the mag portal. hopefully be ready for the weekend. for enigma2 i can give tests for that.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrcovers For This Useful Post:

crepsidro (04-04-14),DB44 (04-04-14),weirdo (04-04-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrcovers View Post
    ill be back tommorow. atm he is changing servers for the mag portal. hopefully be ready for the weekend. for enigma2 i can give tests for that.
    Pm sent for enigma2 test still waiting for reply

Thanks

Will this sevice work with the android mag250 emulator or xbmc?

If so i would like to trial this please.

Thanks

i replied to all enigma 2 trials. 24 hour test. mag coming soon

• The Following User Says Thank You to mrcovers For This Useful Post:

pheggie (06-04-14)

Thanks

Hi Mr Covers welcome back! Any idea how long for the mag 250 keen to get it up and running ASAP

Thanks

• The Following User Says Thank You to aburke For This Useful Post:

crepsidro (06-04-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Thanks for the E2 trial. I set it up late yesterday on a Vu/Duo. The range of channels is excellent, and the quality was good. However, there was no category under Live TV for movies, and none of the Sky Movie channels showed up. They also did not appear under the Movie menu item.

When I left it and tried to use it about an hour later I got the message that I needed to enter my credentials prior to using the Plugin. The credentials were already entered. I erased them and re-entered, but as of the time of posting, am unable to watch and continue to receive the same message. From the little I saw of the service the range of channels, the availability of Enigma 2 and the quality, I am inclined to subscribe to this in preference to my current subscription, providing of course that I can solve these present problems.

I look forward to getting this sorted out.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

i replied to all enigma 2 trials. 24 hour test. mag coming soon
    Welcome back mrcovers, you must have missed my request.

PM resent

Premium Member

Thanks

I sat through a whole movie in HD this morning and the pic was excellent.

I've just spent the last 20 minutes flicking between the Live TV channels and the Movies and both HD and SD are freezing etc etc. Not watchable.

Such a shame because the picture is amazing and the channel line up is great too.

I've got a 100Mbps download speed so it's definitely not a problem at my end.

Thanks

Am able to log in again. Probably a glitch at my end last night.

At the moment am missing at least the Sky Movie Channels. Presumably teething problems.

And Warbo, the Vu Duo is still going great. Foxtel's loss.

Premium Member

Thanks

Cheers DB44, yeah they are still an awesome unit. If our dollar wasn't so weak against the Euro, I'd be tempted try and get in a few Duo2 units.

I wonder if the Europeans are experiencing the same glitching/freezing that we are on the IPTV service. Or if it's just the difference in latency being on the other side of the world.

That HD picture was brilliant.

Thanks

I think we're seeing the downside of the internet. There are so many areas where performance can vary, right from our own ISP's and Australian Infrastructure right through to the equipment and connection of this IPTV service. My perception over time is that there are many different factors which influence internet speed. On some days, I have found HD streams work beautifully at one time while at other times I am lucky to get non-stuttering SD streams.

Unfortunately, all we can do is address any issues within our control and hope that the general internet infrastructure and the areas under the control of others improve.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by warbo View Post
    I sat through a whole movie in HD this morning and the pic was excellent.

I've just spent the last 20 minutes flicking between the Live TV channels and the Movies and both HD and SD are freezing etc etc. Not watchable.

Such a shame because the picture is amazing and the channel line up is great too.

I've got a 100Mbps download speed so it's definitely not a problem at my end.
    I'm experiencing the same this evening. Unwatchable even forcing SD. I speculate that this service is in its early stages and having some teething problems. It seemed to be working great last night.

Quite apart from this, for some reason I was expecting the Sky Movie Channels were included, but on checking back to the beginning of this thread I realised that I am mistaken. This is not a deal breaker, as this service, unlike most I have seen, works with E2. Also, this service seems to have some channels I have not seen on other services. One example is Investigation Discovery, which one family member loves but to date has only been able to view via unreliable free streams. I have yet to see a payed service other than this one offering ID. Another example, apparently, is 3D, which I seem to recall another member was seeking.

Also, the E2 Software does not seem to work well with the Movies and TV Shows options. I have found that, at least on my Vu Duo, it fails to show all shows or movies. It offers a "more" option once, but fails to offer a 2nd "more" choice when alphabetically it seems there should be more shows/movies. Mr Covers, refreshed from his honeymoon, has been very helpful. But my 24 hour trial runs out in about 3 hours, and the service remains unwatchable even in SD. Promising, but .....

I'd be interested to hear about other members impressions after their trials.
    Last edited by DB44; 06-04-14 at 08:43 PM.

Thanks

im not sure db44, i used the enigma trial on my dreambox and i also told the bloke it was unwatchable. i thought it might of been my dreambox but i guess its for all of us. when the mag was running it was flawless for me, until he got a dddos attack on the server and now has to change it. the problem we face is the ping from us to europe. we have a ping of over 300 which is the problem. atm singapore has gone into the 1gbps data centres which is good for us because we ping at around 60 to them. i know iptvdeals is looking at servers there and wont be too much longer. i will speak to this bloke into looking at investing in a server in singapore. hopefully something can be sorted because these services are good for us since foxtel is ridiculous in price.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrcovers For This Useful Post:

car54 (07-04-14),DB44 (07-04-14)

Thanks

Mr Covers when you speak to your contact who's running the business can you ask him when he thinks the Mag server will be back up. I'm based in Middle East and am running 10mb fibre so the ping rate for me to Europe is around 14 to 19 dependant on time of day.

I do have a dreambox 800se but sounds as if you guys are having issues with that?? So holding out for the mag 250 - timelines would be good. Thanks Andrew

Thanks

Can't wait to try this service on my MAG 250 hopefully it will be good

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aburke View Post
    Mr Covers when you speak to your contact who's running the business can you ask him when he thinks the Mag server will be back up. I'm based in Middle East and am running 10mb fibre so the ping rate for me to Europe is around 14 to 19 dependant on time of day.

I do have a dreambox 800se but sounds as if you guys are having issues with that?? So holding out for the mag 250 - timelines would be good. Thanks Andrew
    I am not far from the Middle East also , so looking forward to trying on my mag250.

Thanks

the problem we face is the ping from us to europe. we have a ping of over 300 which is the problem. atm singapore has gone into the 1gbps data centres which is good for us because we ping at around 60 to them. i know iptvdeals is looking at servers there and wont be too much longer. i will speak to this bloke into looking at investing in a server in singapore.
    My trial happened to last for about 5 days, and I mainly watched Dutch Channels and all those HD channels worked flawlessly over the five days. I do recall watching the main US channels ABC CBS NBC etc and they regularly froze after about 5 minutes. The UK EPG was a bit slow to load but the channels worked well considering my slow 2.5Mb/s internet speed.

Looking forward to a subscription price for the Dutch channels.

Thanks

I connected my PC to my tv. Installed the xbmc software with the ruya plugin. Been watching for the last hour without a glitch

• The Following User Says Thank You to mrcovers For This Useful Post:

DB44 (10-04-14)

Thanks

I connected my PC to my tv. Installed the xbmc software with the ruya plugin. Been watching for the last hour without a glitch
    Mc keep in mind time of day from the rest of the world loggin in and also people pipe lines and your server quality load balance

Chieflets
    Last edited by Chieflets; 07-04-14 at 07:03 PM.

• Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast