Thread: MH370 Internet scam

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default MH370 Internet scam

On our local TV News was a warning to be aware of an email asking people to load a program to assist in the search for the missing Malayasian Airline MH370.
    I gather the Email infers that this program will enable your computer to network with others to assist in searching collected Data not unlike one run a few years ago when the S.E.T.I (Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence) was run and massive amounts of data were collected from the various Radio telescopes.
    However this time it is a SCAM and apparently allows a 3rd party to take control of your computer and access any and all personal details available as well as infecting it with all sorts of Malware programs.

Its my understanding that because you have chosen to download and RUN such a program, it effectively by passes all Firewalls, Anti Virus and Malware programs you have installed and apart from the loss of personal information, possibly could cause your computer to eventually shut down.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

People are now taking advantage of the situation and try to scam people into giving money. The government has enough funds and also resources to find the missing plane. I hope people are reading this so that they can not be scammed in future.