Thread: Dealings with 3ix.org?? Any good??

Thanks

Default Dealings with 3ix.org?? Any good??

Hi,

I want to find somewhere to host a website for me. I also will need to register a domain name.

looks way to cheap to be true. Has anyone here had dealings with them before?? I'm just a little sus..

Thanks for your replies!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Typical of a lot of these places, a quick lookup shows the hosting is co-located

OrgName: HostDime.com, Inc.
    Address: 189 South Orange Avenue
    Address: Suite 1500S
    City: Orlando
    StateProv: FL
    PostalCode: 32801

So your not only at the mercy of the one your paying, but also at the mercy of the company they are paying for the services. In the end you get two companies who oversubscribe their services to make money cause they don't charge enough.

This is just my own opinion of course.
    What would you do if your server was stolen or failed beyond repair?
    http://www.2000cn.com.au/shadowprotect.html

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

3iX reviews
    uptime & reliability

server & connection speed

technical support & knowledge

customer service & billing

price value for money

* ratings are out of 10
    They ought to be called XXX!!

I have only been hosted with these people for a month now - in fact, my 30 days (in which I could get my money back) have just passed. Wouldn't you know that today of all days, my site goes down AGAIN? I just left a webhost because of constant downtimes and ignoring my support tickets, but I was optimistic about this one.

In the past month, my site has been screwed up at least 3 times. The first time, they "fixed" it, and I couldn't log in to Cpanel or even SEE my own site! I recently lost all of my PHP scripts - "Oh, it must have been a hacker. Sorry, you'll have to start all over". And all this in just the first month! I can't imagine what's going to happen if I continue to let them take advantage of me for a year!

They promise 99.9% uptime. Apparently, you have to pick one of their more expensive plans in order to get even half of that. Even if this just so happens to be a bad month for weather or servers or what not, their general opinion is that I did something wrong, or it must be a fault on my end. I just might end up going back to my old host after all.

Biggest Pro: good amount of space/bandwidth for the cost
    Biggest Con: 99.9% DOWNTIME
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

Thanks

a mate of mine has been using with no issues so far and my domain is also hosted there as well.
    often offer cheap specials for domain registrations, ( i have several there) so thats worth a look too, but a bit dear for hosting.

Thanks

Yes at 20 bucks I got 12mths and a domain name also 3ix offer more space and traffic than the others listed above. I haven't had any downtime yet.
    My gripe is they make a big deal over NO hidden costs, Well there is, if you want a secure site they want you to pay extra for a dedicated ip and when I asked support why I cant access shared ssl they told me flatly you have to pay for dedicated ssl. I pointed out their online boasts and after about a week they agreed to install shared ssl..F*ckers
    Still at 15 x less the price of the so called cheap offers above you still get more, I mean 1 boasts 100mb space big whoop, 3ix is 10gig..
    Last edited by 3xdragon; 25-10-08 at 11:12 PM. Reason: changes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

im with the gator, not a problem
    net registry, well @ $20 sumthing per .com or 50 per .au
    they'd wanna be good.
    .coms are 10$ nowadays
    just mho
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

Thanks

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by samsty1 View Post
    Hi,

I want to find somewhere to host a website for me. I also will need to register a domain name.

looks way to cheap to be true. Has anyone here had dealings with them before?? I'm just a little sus..

Thanks for your replies!
    Hi
    I tried them for about a month earlier this year and had heaps of problems with the service. Sometimes I couldnt even access my emails for days at a time. My website was constantly down, and at one stage completey deleted. Everytime I spoke with their online help, they would assure me that there was nothing wrong, or that it would be back online in an hour or so but it take a few days. Biggest mistake i did for my business!! At least they gave me a FULL refund. Buyer BEWARE!!