Thread: Verico Unipad. Need mac address

Thanks

Default Verico Unipad. Need mac address

I have a Verico brand Unipad USPO3A. I need to have the mac address to connect to my wifi. In the device status settings, it says mac address is unavailable. Can anyone help? Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 862 Posts

Have you tried it with lower security settings in your router?
    That way you could connect to your WiFi and check in your router for the connected devices - including their MAC addresses.
    Or if your router is too simple for these details type "netsh wlan show all" into the command prompt - it will list your network summary, the MAC addresses should show up under "interfaces" and "network mode".
    After you found the MAC address you can use it and get back to your full security settings only allowing known devices.
    There are some tools for android as well but they only show the Mac address if the pad is connected to a network - like Network signal info for example.
    So if you can't change the security of the router you might have to find a free WiFi hotspot first to use the Nework signal info tool for your MAC address.
    Last edited by Downunder35m; 01-04-14 at 10:49 PM.
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

• The Following User Says Thank You to Downunder35m For This Useful Post:

Scratcher (11-04-14)

Thanks

Wow, thanks Downunder. I turned off the security on my router and was able to check the router for "wireless clients". It showed the Unipad and its mac address.
    I added this to my access control list and all is good. I use this way of securing my network (unsecured but with a list of devices that can connect) as one of my devices wouldn't connect when I had it secured.
    Thanks again Downunder. Some great tips there

Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 862 Posts

You're welcome!
    The problem with some devices is that they won'tshow you the MAC address anywhere on the device.
    In most cases you can use additional software on the device to get the infos you need but sometimes going "back to the basics" works fester with the same results.
    And sometimes you simply can't see the forest as too many trees are blocking the view....
    Most "solutions" you find on the net require that you already have a working network connection to find the MAC address but users often forget that it only takes a few minutes to change the security settings of the network temporarily to obtian the register the new MAC address(es).

In case this solution does not work and no device shows up in your router make sure to check the security settings on the device so they match the router.
    A router running with WEP only won't connect to a device that only uses WPA

But thanks for the feedback, always better to have a thread that can be considered to be helpful and finnished
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

• The Following User Says Thank You to Downunder35m For This Useful Post:

Scratcher (15-04-14)

Thanks

I wasn't even aware that I could see the MAC addresses of devices connected to my router. Very handy.
    Thanks again