Thread: Diagnosing Laptop Issues

Thanks

Default Diagnosing Laptop Issues

Just in the process of sorting thru old laptops and working out wot is wrong with them, wether work fixing or binning. Nothing to do before the Tour starts.....

First laptop, an Acer Travelmate less than 2 years old, I believe mainboard is the culprit. Whe turn on fan roars then slows down, hdd light stays on, but dont think it is booting at all. I get no video at all, never see the BIOS screen, connect up an external monitor doesnt give any display either. Leave out the ODD, HDD and RAM, still starts up but no error beps or nothing, the same as previously. All concur the mainboard is stuffed?

2nd laptop, will not start unless on AC adapter, take the adapter out and laptop shutdowns straight away. Shows the battery chargin in Windows but at 38% charged, been on charge for over 6 hours, taking ages to charge. This laptop has not been used for a couple of years. I assume the battery cells are stuffed?

Cheers
    NB
    Last edited by navy blue; 27-07-08 at 12:36 PM. Reason: add details

Look Here ->
    Thanks

2nd laptop problem
    My sister had the same trouble
    Apart from needing a new battery the power lead was also faulty..she replaced both and all was fine.