Thread: Terrestrial providers.

Thanks

Default Terrestrial providers.

here is your chance to get involved and help in the development of ABM as part of ViX and the OE-Alliance.

It will only take you 5 to 10 minutes of your time.

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37322-UK-Terrestrial-Providers&p=283834#post283834
    I know the title says UK terrestrial but any help you can give for your local area will help andy give ABM access to you'r area too.

we have a similar project in motion for cable providers now too, i'll post more details about that as and when possible.
    reserved for future use.

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

I'd like to help, but the instructions to use in Australia have me a bit stumped???

Thanks

we do have one aussie on the team stick50jr he may be able to help with that.
    reserved for future use.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DUDE View Post
    we do have one aussie on the team stick50jr he may be able to help with that.
    Not sure how to proceed, but perhaps we could provide the terrestrial.xml data by transmitter site rather than just the whole of Australia, for example the channels used at each transmitter site are .

Channels are fairly settled now, so ABM probably doesn't add much to our situation (ie. bouquets don't change often). However, doing a nightly scan (via ABM) of just the transponders in your area, may have the side effect of refreshing the 7-day (eit based) epg... otherwise one needs to visit each terrestrial transponder regularly to make sure that the networks don't catch us out with programming changes. I'm not sure if this (epg refresh) will occur with the ABM scan... I'll make a limited adelaide.xml for ABM and see if it will work in this way.

TBA

AJM aka stick50jr
    Last edited by AJM; 23-04-14 at 11:27 PM.
    Vu+Duo OpenVix 3.0 with Avermedia Usb dual DVB-T (Model A825)
    Optus C1/D3 and Optus D1

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

While my local translator isnt in the main listing, it is on the map along with all its details when you 'open' the site of those in the area.
    The only problem with that is you have to be familiar with the district but its certainly an eye opener to see all the locations now in use.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!