Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT HERE 2015.10

Thanks

It's a bit of a balancing act really, because although a smaller file size the D3531110A has somewhat more images than D2563140A, however the JCV picture will be displayed stretched across the screen in your 1390 [see for a full explanation]. Being as split-screen D3531110A is smaller at 27617293 Bytes vs. 48598031 Bytes for the full-screen D2563140A, there's a saving of ~20 MiB. If space is tight that just might make a difference which file you'd prefer.

Basically in spite of the different appearances, the information is the same and they will both guide you to the correct lane properly. Personally, I use the split-screen in 1xxx devices.
    Last edited by Surething; 04-06-14 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Fix image link.

Thanks

Usually astute and being astute might be worlds apart; all depends on the person. I would be firmly in the former group though. That said, I did manage to track down the piece of software. Turns out I was registered "over there" so it was thus easy to obtain the file.
    Thanks for the heads up Surething.
    An observation: Garmin do things right most of the time. I loved my Colorado but I sold it after getting a Montana. It's just the best GPS I have ever owned and I have had lots. Just goes to show that the company is listening to their customers I reckon. "end of advert" Still, the TomTom section gets a workout so . . . what do I know?
    phil

• The Following User Says Thank You to Philbo For This Useful Post:

Surething (07-06-14)

Thanks

Default Grrrrr Garmin

New member here and I am one of those that found what I think I needed to download and joined. Probably not nice but was out of frustration. I bought a Garmin nuvi 1490T with new map guarantee. I immediately updated from the Garmin site only to find a month later their units came with lifetime maps. After contacting them I got no help at all. I suppose I was just unlucky but SUPER PIZZED OFF. I found 2014 map and installed it but the routs I travel have many new roads and areas so I could really do with 2015 maps and I feel no sorrow for getting it this way BUT I am wondering If I have 2014 can I just download the 2015 .img file and replace it on device. I have trolled a lot here but nothing jumps out at me as an obvious solution. All the talk abt junctions etc has me rattled. I really would be grateful for a confirmation or b*tch-slap for my stupidity. Yes I am very Grrrrrrrrr Garmin. Please help if u have time or inclination

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

EDIT: Welcome to the forum.

Yes you are correct, make sure you download unlocked img.
    Suggest you search/read & understand the difference between Sensis based Maps & Navteq based Maps.
    You can run both, that requires more study.

For this mapset on Nuvi 1490T use Junction View File (JCV)d2563140a

Some helpful links.

Last edited by Tiny; 17-07-14 at 10:45 AM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

Tiny.... thank you so much for the quick reply. One road I travel has 12klms of the Garmin telling me I am in the wrong place..... drives me nuts. Turning it off/on is not really safe driving. I'm downloading the .img ATM from Filefactory. Its taking soooo long my hair is going grey(er). I will work out where to put the JVC file.
    Thanks again so much

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crossrock View Post
    Tiny.... thank you so much for the quick reply. One road I travel has 12klms of the Garmin telling me I am in the wrong place..... drives me nuts. Turning it off/on is not really safe driving. I'm downloading the .img ATM from Filefactory. Its taking soooo long my hair is going grey(er). I will work out where to put the JVC file.
    Thanks again so much
    Yeah those links are slow, they are however free.

JCV file easy; just put in JCV folder. Location NUVI:\.system\JCV

EDIT; No guarentee map will have the roads correct for your area, pot luck really.
    Read the links I gave you while you wait for the DL. They may help your understanding or not.
    Last edited by Tiny; 17-07-14 at 11:13 AM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Thanks

Another new member, I'm in a similar situation to Crossrock. I have a Nuvi 265W which I purchased in 2009, and which has the 2009 Sensis City Nav Aus and NZ NT maps. I never received a 60 day map update after purchasing, and the lifetime traffic subscription that came with the device does not work in Adelaide, making that part of it of not much value to me (curiously it does work in Brisbane however). Nonetheless I am very happy with the device, it performs adequately for our travelling needs.

I have read that the Sensis maps are no longer used by Garmin, and I guess that I'd have to update with the Navteq maps (I see that the most recent Sensis maps 2013.10 are no longer downloadable). I have looked on my device and there is a gmapprom.img file in the Garmin folder (as well as a gmapbmap.img file). Is it really just a case of downloading the unlocked img file from the link earlier in this thread and replacing the gmapprom.img file on my device with the downloaded one? And will the safety camera warnings and speed limit indicators still work?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Slot; 12-08-14 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slot View Post
    Another new member, I'm in a similar situation to Crossfire. I have a Nuvi 265WT which I purchased in 2009, and which has the 2009 Sensis City Nav Aus and NZ NT maps. I never received a 60 day map update after purchasing, and the lifetime traffic subscription that came with the device does not work in Adelaide, making it not of much value to me (curiously it does work in Brisbane however). Nonetheless I am very happy with the device, it performs adequately for our needs.
    G'day Slot, welcome to Austech.

If you haven't used the OneTime update, i'd suppest to hard reset the unit and then connect to GarminExpress without it getting a satellite fix and you might still get offered the OneTime update anyway, which will be for City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2014.40 Sensis. Prior to trying this, if the nuvi has been registered onine in MyGarmin de-register it first and also delete it from GE if you've used that before for updates, close GE and reboot your PC then connect the nuvi and reopen GE. Doesn't work for all devices but it's worth a try. Sensis has only been offered twice a year recently, so perhaps 2015.20 version will be issued soon.

Your 265T would have come bundled with the GTM25. The liftetime traffic subscription is held on the Traffic Receiver, not on the unit. OEM Suna traffic is Australia-wide. It's possible that the sub. has been corrupted in some way and now FM traffic signals are not being received in all states but that would be unusual. If you PM me the GTM25's Unit ID i can supply you with a new code to add for Adelaide separately [With it connected to the 265W and under power: Menu>Tools>Settings>Traffic>Add to see the UID]. I'd advise against posting the UID in open forum, but it's your choice really.

I have read that the Sensis maps are no longer used by Garmin, and that if I wanted to update it would have to be the Navteq ones. I have looked on my device and there is a gmapprom.img file in the Garmin folder (as well as a gmapbmap.img file). Is it really just a case of downloading the unlocked img file from the link earlier in this thread and replacing the gmapprom.img file on my device with the downloaded one? And will the safety camera warnings and speed limit indicators still work? .....
    Garmin is still being supplied with Sensis map data, however since Feb 2012 they're only loading new automotive devises with HERE (Navteq) mapping as OEM. All devices with factory loaded Sensis are still being updated with Sensis whether as LifeTime or purchased updates. You can replace your current Sensis detail map gmapprom.img with Navteq/HERE if you wish, or you can load it as gmapsupp.img and deselect the Sensis map in Map Info. That will combine both maps' POIs for a richer choice. Btw, there is a later version of this HERE map already posted in Austech but not officially released yet: .

The Speed and Redlight camera alerts are not map dependent and will work with both Sensis and HERE.
    Last edited by Surething; 12-08-14 at 03:29 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Surething For This Useful Post:

Tiny (28-08-14)

Thanks

Thanks for the detailed response Surething, have PM'd you with the Traffic Receiver ID and other info. In the mean time I'm going to give the HERE map unlocked img file a go.

UPDATE: all sorted, traffic working and latest maps loaded. My aging device has new life. Many thanks for the assistance.
    Last edited by Slot; 13-08-14 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks

Hi,
    Great info page.
    I have a nuvi 1450, which jcv file do i use please?
    Thanks in advance

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hwnt View Post
    Hi,
    Great info page.
    I have a nuvi 1450, which jcv file do i use please?
    Thanks in advance
    D2563140A if it's still available. Better hurry before the links get deleted.
    Cheers, Tiny

Thanks

Is there a sticky or post anywhere here that lists which jcv file is for what units? I seem to be using trial and error most times as the numbers don't mean anything to me.
    I have a 3790T thats currently up to date and working but every time I update is a whole new lottery.

Thanks all, great site.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KevL View Post
    Is there a sticky or post anywhere here that lists which jcv file is for what units? I seem to be using trial and error most times as the numbers don't mean anything to me.
    No list that I know of, but it would certainly be very helpful, especially if you miss and update or 2 and loose count of what number should be uploaded.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

I have a 3790T thats currently up to date and working but every time I update is a whole new lottery.

Thanks all, great site.
    I know it's time consuming, however all the info below is in this thread, which spans a whole 2 pages?

Quote Originally Posted by Surething View Post
    snip...

The correct file for 765 & 1xxx series is D2563140A as Tiny surmised for his 1490. On a side note, 13/14xx can display picture size up to 480*272 so it can also use the split-screen 212*234 file D3531110A meant for 3xxx & 2xxx, but it will display 'stretched' to fit the full screen and will be 'wash-out' looking compared to the native full-screen files. D3532090A is for xx series [nuvi 30/4x/5x] and is encrypted differently so cannot be used by any xxx/xxxx nuvis.
    Not all that hard to work out what's for what, because of the numbering progression that I referred to above with the odd-ball 480*270 file. D3532080A was the 2014.40 jcv file for xx series, so D3532090A is a cert for that series with this map.
    Easy to see what file your 1390 uses. Just look at the currently loaded file name, it will likely be D25631x0A.jcv depending on which map version you have loaded now. The number increases by 10 with each version usually. The previous 2014.40 was D2563130A.jcv, 2014.30 was D2563120A.jcv etc.

Take D2563140A.jcv for this map, but your unit can actually also use D3531110A.jcv the largest split-screen 212x234 picture size file as well. Btw, it's nice to say please too.
    Cheers, Tiny

Thanks

Thanks Tiny

I accept that for THIS update some info has been scattered through 3 or 4 posts. Most of these occurred some time after the original post.
    This is the exception rather than the rule.

Thanks

Thanks all, great site.
    Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    No list that I know of, but it would certainly be very helpful, especially if you miss and update or 2 and loose count of what number should be uploaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    I know it's time consuming, however all the info below is in this thread, which spans a whole 2 pages?
    Thanks Tiny

I accept that for THIS update some info has been scattered through 3 or 4 posts. Most of these occurred some time after the original post.
    This is the exception rather than the rule.
    @KevL
    I do take your point that it would be easier for the average user if the info regarding which file goes with which unit was included by the OP, however as Tiny wisely points out it's actually all there in the first pages anyway in this case. As a new user i always enjoyed trawling thru threads to find the info i wanted because it amazed me what else i'd find by accident most times. Maybe i have too much time on my hands and need to get a life [or at least pretend i have one ] but some things i learned that way is that your GarminDevice.xml file [it's in Garmin folder] is an absolute wealth of info regarding your unit's usable files and their paths, as is the hidden menu found by pressing the battery symbol for ~6 secs>Next>Start Test>More to find a page 'Inventory' [that's for your 3790, some units are different and require pressing next or back >8 times to find it]. In the inventory, if for example you see beside JCV 'D3531-08' and you're presently using v2014.20 Navteq/HERE map with JCV file D3531080A.jcv then that means for this version 2015.10 HERE map the correct JCV file is D3531110A.jcv and then for 2015.20 it's D3531120A.jcv because the number usually progress by 10 with each map version issued. Of course you can also hook you unit up to your computer and look at the current file it has OB that way.

Al this is pretty much moot here anyway as threads/posts with unofficial [pirated] software are no longer allowed in Austech. As you can see the current HERE v2015.20 thread has been deleted. Tiny, myself and others can offer help of this nature regarding file placement etc still of course.
    Last edited by Surething; 15-10-14 at 10:46 PM. Reason: stupid typos.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Surething For This Useful Post:

KevL (15-10-14)

Thanks

thanks

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12