Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garmin Topo V4

Thanks

I think you'll not get much help from Garmin for your 760. It's long discontinued and now unsupported. If you have basic files missing, a lot of them can be replaced if you just use WebUpdater or GarminExpress. Anything else missing after that we can help with. So update it and then post a screenshot of your root folders and then the Garmin folder.

If Garmin support is closed to you, we're still open.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Surething For This Useful Post:

Tiny (19-05-14)

Thanks

Thanks for the help so far i think the main thing i will need from them will be the base map as that seems to be missing on my 760 and i have done a search for one and have not been able to find one so if i can get one from them it would be great. This forum has been invaluable to my over the years getting updates etc.
    Regards
    Doug

Thanks

Garmin? You want to get a basemap from GARMIN???? Sorry, but the wait may be painful and you may be even offered the wrong one. The correct basemap for your AU 760 is the 'Pacific' basemap. The latest is V2 [which is fairly ancient, but that's not really a big deal]. The thing is it has basic highways for the entire world, but much more detail for this region, the same as Atlantic and Americas have higher local detail but also lesser detail for the rest of the world.

What I would do is one of 2 things, either load the old Pacific V2, or load the latest full 'World' basemap V5.01 after first removing the DEM [Digital Elevation Modelling] data from it. The 760 can't use DEM anyway and it's size may tend to slow it's drawing down. Personally, I favour the Pacific V2. I've got 2 x 760s, one with Pac v2 the other with World V5.01 sans DEM, they both route accurately and the former is the faster drawer anyway. Here's the 2 links, knock yourself out Doug.

If you want to remove the DEM for V5.01, open it in GMapTool and press the 'Join' tab. Set the output path and name [I suggest "Worldwide Autoroute non-DEM Basemap,NR"], check the box for 'Remove altitude data DEM', then press 'Join all' or Join selected' to save the new img file.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Surething For This Useful Post:

dougld (28-05-14),KevL (19-05-14),Tiny (19-05-14)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12