Thread: ADSL2+ Modem w/wireless or router w/wireless and bridge

Thanks

Default ADSL2+ Modem w/wireless or router w/wireless and bridge

I went to MSY in my area recently and asked what ADSL2+ modem with wireless and what routers with wireless they have that can bridge to another wireless network.

The chirpy young lad went quite and started showing me things and mumbling through some info that he didn't seem comfortable explaining.

What I am after is a ADSL2+ modem with wireless or a router with wireless that can connect to another router/access point in wireless mode (bridge). And also have removable antannas so I can connect a dish antanna to it.

I will most likely use it in bridge mode all the time so being an ADSL2+ modem isn't important, I mostly want to use it to scan for networks and connect to them. The unit will end up in a weather proof box mounted on a pole above the house like my current netcomm access point is with a dish and later add a rotator. Also a unit that is known to be high powered or can be flashed with a new bios to allow boosting the units gain.

Currently I have my access point on the side of the house with the dish in a fix position but want to change it for the new setup.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

From what I understand you would like to 'bridge' to other people's open networks in your area ?

What AP are you currently running ?

Thanks

Default weather proof box mounted

I mostly want to use it to scan for networks and connect to them. The unit will end up in a weather proof box mounted on a pole above the house like my current netcomm access point is with a dish and later add a rotator. Also a unit that is known to be high powered or can be flashed with a new bios to allow boosting the units gain.

Thanks

Is skozzy and kam333 the same person, just moved from Brisbane to Sydney?
    If not, then what was your question again kam333?
    Are you after router or modem flashable? If yes, google for dd-wrt, see the list of compatible devices and shop for them.