Thread: Strong 4930L

Thanks

Default Strong 4930L

Hi,

could someone please point in the right direction, or provide me with a software patch for the SRT 4930L so I may access menus to put in B**S keys.

thanks in advance.
    2.3 M Phoenix C-Band dish, Star C-Band LNBF, 24" Actuator, Phoenix V-box, Strong 4930L decoder & ex-foxtel KU-Band dish, Sharp twin LNBF

Look Here ->
    Thanks

And all was quiet on the Western front....
    2.3 M Phoenix C-Band dish, Star C-Band LNBF, 24" Actuator, Phoenix V-box, Strong 4930L decoder & ex-foxtel KU-Band dish, Sharp twin LNBF

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Yes, things are fairly quiet in many places and not only on the Western Front.

But Google, everybody's friend when requiring information, just might be your friend also.

It sounds to me as if you are looking for some hacked software for this receiver.

If so, Google advises to try the thread at .

As I don't have a Strong SRT-4930L, I am unable to comment further. I suggest that you become acquainted with the Sat Universe site, as its members are very knowledgeable and you appear to share a common interest.

My advice is visit the site and read, read, read. Yes, it's time-consuming, but it's the only way in which you will become proficient in what you are attempting to do (or any other activity for that matter).

Incidentally, the search term I used for my Google search was "hacked SRT 4930L software".
    Last edited by tristen; 02-06-14 at 11:56 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

Mattsat (02-06-14)

Thanks

Thanks tristen. I'm really only interested in being able to enter some B**S keys and seeing if I could get a couple more channels for us to watch. Don't really want to fiddle with Ccam and servers etc...
    Yeah I saw that Forum but wasn't real sure if the stuff I was downloading was safe. I didn't think of using that search term as I thought what I was doing was legit.
    But I'll do some reading and see if it's worth it. thanks again.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

You can't assume anything you d/l from the net is safe, that is the chance you take.
    Although you may not want ccam etc, you can still join their forum and ask a question.
    It's only your time, and may be the only way you will find answers to get to your holy grail.

ps...not sure if bypassing biss and entering keys is also legit...I'm not saying not to do it though..
    Last edited by viewer; 02-06-14 at 02:37 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to viewer For This Useful Post:

Mattsat (02-06-14)

Banned
    Thanks

Banned
    Thanks

So it means once the patch is off, you cannot be able to access the option on the INSTALLATION sub-menu, because to my surprise after posting yesterdays question, it reappeared again.

Hi can anyone assist me on how to get the BISS menu on the screen. I knew it used to be 8280 (or so). I can't actually remember.

Hi,
    For Biss keys: press 6969 to be on, then highlight the channel and enter 8280. You will see the platform to enter the keys. In doing this, look for a blank platform containing only zeros and type the keys.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post
    So it means once the patch is off, you cannot be able to access the option on the INSTALLATION sub-menu, because to my surprise after posting yesterdays question, it reappeared again.

Hi can anyone assist me on how to get the BISS menu on the screen. I knew it used to be 8280 (or so). I can't actually remember.

Hi,
    For Biss keys: press 6969 to be on, then highlight the channel and enter 8280. You will see the platform to enter the keys. In doing this, look for a blank platform containing only zeros and type the keys.

Interesting. Sounds like the software may do unsavoury things to my receiver.... Might mull over this a fair bit and do lots of reading. In the meantime FTA will suffice.

Might be passing through HK next year so might be able to see what I can get there at the night market. Lots of 'mights'...

Banned
    Thanks

If you want to do what you want, then you really have to take the plunge.

We have all done it in the past as well, it is just a matter of taking the first step.

I again advise you to join a place like Sat Universe, post in the newbie section/introduce yourself area.

Tell them where you are seeking to go, and you need help.

They will tell you the latest best stable release, and are more likely to have versions that are much safer than some of the lesser known satellite forums....they have been up and running for years...all us old satellite nuts know/frequent that site at some time or another.

The Strong section has plenty of info there, and you need to explore and ask...remember..asking questions in the right way, showing you have even searched the Strong forum, and thanking members for their support there, will probably get you to be where you want to be.

Get stuck in, as there seems to be no users of that model here that seem to be able to assist you.

Good luck...

edit...
    Your other alternative is to buy a cheapo S2 unit like an Openbox or whatever from Aliexpress or similar, and play with that first. There are lots of youtube tutorials on those to see what to do.

Here's a link...cheap as chips for playing with...

I do have no knowledge of the seller, just picked it from the lists as an example
    Last edited by viewer; 02-06-14 at 05:44 PM. Reason: last

• The Following User Says Thank You to viewer For This Useful Post:

tristen (02-06-14)

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattsat View Post
    Thanks tristen. I'm really only interested in being able to enter some B**S keys and seeing if I could get a couple more channels for us to watch. Don't really want to fiddle with Ccam and servers etc...
    Yeah I saw that Forum but wasn't real sure if the stuff I was downloading was safe. I didn't think of using that search term as I thought what I was doing was legit.
    But I'll do some reading and see if it's worth it. thanks again.
    Large manufacturers such as Strong do not usually provide a menu where you can enter keys in order to decrypt encrypted channels.

They have too much to lose, as such an action is an open invitation to be sued and possibly put out of business by the manufacturers of encryption systems, e.g. Irdeto Access, Biss, Conax, Mediaguard, NDS and others, for providing a means to circumvent encryption.

It is only "modified" software which is going to provide the function you desire. This is the reason I used the term, hacked software, and posted a link to the Sat Universe forum.

Remember, encryption is employed by broadcasters for a purpose, i.e. to limit the viewing of such channels to those who are authorised by the broadcaster to view them. The pertinent question in this case therefore being, are you authorised to view the channels in question?

That being said, it can be an interesting exercise. As Viewer has intimated, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

viewer (02-06-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

c'mon....who really modifies the software? It's strong of course. they know they have 2 markets for their products like other manufactures

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post
    If you want to do what you want, then you really have to take the plunge.

We have all done it in the past as well, it is just a matter of taking the first step.

I again advise you to join a place like Sat Universe, post in the newbie section/introduce yourself area.

Tell them where you are seeking to go, and you need help.

They will tell you the latest best stable release, and are more likely to have versions that are much safer than some of the lesser known satellite forums....they have been up and running for years...all us old satellite nuts know/frequent that site at some time or another.

The Strong section has plenty of info there, and you need to explore and ask...remember..asking questions in the right way, showing you have even searched the Strong forum, and thanking members for their support there, will probably get you to be where you want to be.

Get stuck in, as there seems to be no users of that model here that seem to be able to assist you.

Good luck...

edit...
    Your other alternative is to buy a cheapo S2 unit like an Openbox or whatever from Aliexpress or similar, and play with that first. There are lots of youtube tutorials on those to see what to do.

Here's a link...cheap as chips for playing with...

I do have no knowledge of the seller, just picked it from the lists as an example
    OK, I'll have a go in the next month or so. I guess if I do stuff it, I can just re-install the original software and default it back to factory settings. ta, Matt.

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattsat View Post
    OK, I'll have a go in the next month or so. I guess if I do stuff it, I can just re-install the original software and default it back to factory settings. ta, Matt.
    Correct! And you will have learned something in the process.