Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: M8 - OTT TV Box

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoat View Post
    Is it essential to get a google acc?
    Or can you get stuff without it?
    I'm a Apple man. And this android stuff is alien to me.

no need for google account or to even use google playstore

Chieflets
    Last edited by Chieflets; 21-08-14 at 03:16 PM.
    It's amazing how 2 people could be one on forums, must be identity theft cough cough 

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Does anyone know how to pull up YouTube Live on the YouTube App thats installed on your M8 box?
    This is not the option inside Kodi, but the YouTube Android App

Cheers
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member
    Thanks

Here is an interesting write up, and members here will be aware of the username, i believe he has 2 usernames here
    Anyway, might serve as a warning to those whom easy part with their money, instead of just learning for themselves.

First off I am sorry for the length of this post, but anyone thinking of paying justme for services should read this and beware!

Well here is my story, I had been a JustMe Supporter, I've even sent the guy actual m8 units so he could improve on the roms he provided me and everyone else. I've dumped a fair amount of cash into having mr justme make me branded roms.

Ive got 2 - 3 roms each time they somewhat worked, some were better then others. But hey thats the name of the game right?

The problems began when I shelled out a fair sum of money for a custom updater wizard that would allow my clients to press a button on their systems and it would get our latest settings backup and apply it to their systems, thus saving enormous amounts of tech support hours. It was an excellent idea, it seemed to work for a few days.... Then the program all of a sudden overwrote itself with one of my competitors update wizards and did the same on every one of my customers boxes.

I attempted to contact justme to no avail, I then began looking into the updater myself and quickly noticed that this updater I paid for was actually my competitors and he hadnt even bothered to change the plugins file name / repo it was associated with thus confusing xbmc and making it overwrite my updater with the competitors. 2 minutes and I changed the files and fixed this issue, something you wouldve thought a 'coder' that was selling this to a customer for over $300 would maybe take the time go over before selling it to someone.... not justme!

Upset and annoyed I continued trying to contact JustMe, and a week later he finally responded. He claimed oh I sent you the wrong file by accident. Sure you sent me the wrong copy of my competitors updater? I asked him please just refund me for this updater and I will be on my way, or provide me with a final working FW that addressed all the issues from previous firmwares. He opt'd with providing me a final firmware, which I was happy to accept..

Thing is it took nearly 1 month and when I received said firmware it booted into a black screen and would not do anything else. I brought this issue up to justme and he said it works fine on mine so sorry I cannot help you (me a customer thats provided him with FREE M8 units and over 1000$) I asked him lets figure out together why its working for you and why it may not be working for me, instead he said your stressing me out I must goto the beach to relax, and thus began 4+ days of no communication.

Finally having ENOUGH of this nonsense I open a PayPal dispute, which promptly got him to email me back saying along the lines of: Now youve done it, I will never fix your rom for you and you signed my Terms & Condtions (which I did not) and I do not have to provide you with anything.

So essentially he is telling me I can take your money, and if the work I do for you doesnt work I do not have to help you or refund you.

I would have been more then happy to just troubleshoot this problematic final rom with him to get something working for my customers and walk away from this matter. Instead he choose the route where he said too bad you are not getting anything from me, good luck with trying to get your money back and good luck having any developer ever work with you again...

Id love to know how I am the bad guy asking for either a refund or a working replacement of something Ive paid for?? If I had received a working proper ROM / non stolen updater that actually worked, I would have continued bringing my business to him for many years to come. It also pains me to do this, because all I honestly wanted was what I paid for, but that seems less and less likely... so People need to be made aware of this before getting down right scammed by this guy!
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Are they calling roms just the setup of the box with all the streaming repositries loaded and configured?

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Default M8 TV Box Part Identification Can anyone Identify

Can Anyone ID the circled part. It is covered by a black substance, so I can not read the numbers. Is it an exploded Cap ? The board under this is discolored. and the part appears to be glued to the board by the black substance. Any help appreciated, thank you. The reason for my inquiry is that the box still works, but has been dropping out of streaming videos to the selection menu. Could this be the reason?

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Are they calling roms just the setup of the box with all the streaming repositries loaded and configured?

Leroy
    No, its just a basic ROM, has nothing to do with pre loaded repos.
    Its just a (well hopefully) improved ROM with small bugs and issues sorted out and/or improvements made.

Although with so much new hardware being released, writers just move on and drop support for older boxes.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

hmmm I forgot I asked that question 12 months ago!

.........Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345