Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Halal Certification

Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 1,059 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    I suppose it is not fair to attribute blame on the Muslim community for the decisions made by Pollies, corporations and civil libertarians.

As VroomVroom said, choice. Whats wrong with that????
    If a Business wants to Label products as Halal and add them to their Menu, SO BE IT.
    They must not remove the original product in favour of the Halal Product.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

Downunder35m (13-06-14),Godzilla (13-06-14),VroomVroom (13-06-14)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Oh well porkop, if you cant win, then just get even...... "Mr Halal, your donkey looks unroadworthy to me, he's a slip"
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (13-06-14),porkop (13-06-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Oh well porkop, if you cant win, then just get even...... "Mr Halal, your donkey looks unroadworthy to me, he's a slip"
    You meant camel......the donkey is in the passenger seat, most likely not wearing a seat belt......

Then you take the bribe offered like they customarily do when back home.

If your smart, ask to be transferred to Broadmeadows, you could make a fortune collecting bribes and retire early.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Wow, a pig being fed halal food and the pig complains.
    Pisser of a line!

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (13-06-14)

Thanks

The problem, as I see it, with the halal foods, is not the actual food itself. To us it probably makes very little difference if somebody has shouted a few foreign words over a dead cow. But to get the Halal certification on your foods you must pay large amounts of money to the Halal Accreditation Board (or whatever the governing body of hahal is called) - they then use all this money to build mosques and further segregate themselves from 'Australians". It's this money that I have a problem with.

Cheers.
    When I was a kid, I used to have an imaginary friend. I thought he went everywhere with me. I could talk to him and he could hear me, and he could grant me wishes and stuff too. But then I grew up, and stopped going to church.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mods For This Useful Post:

admin (13-06-14),VroomVroom (13-06-14)

Thanks

As Muslim told me once anyone can put Halal label on the packaging and call it halal they wouldn't know the difference
    It's amazing how 2 people could be one on forums, must be identity theft cough cough 

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    As VroomVroom said, choice. Whats wrong with that????

what choice?

what if I want non halal jam?, can I get it at this Maccas?

f
    Last edited by freakee1; 13-06-14 at 10:38 AM.
    有段者

• The Following User Says Thank You to freakee1 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (13-06-14)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I think we all have the ultimate choice.... just stop going there :-)

It happens all the time in other food outlets.... A business has a good name, cheap food, everyone goes there.... New Owners buy it, food price goes up, everyone stops going!

I've lost count how many times I've seen that.

Although with Maccas... that's not gonna happen.

So has anyone here rang Maccas and asked from the horses mouth what the actually story is?

I find it very odd to think Maccas would even feel slightly interested in complying with Halal food standards.
    But, stranger things have happened.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,797 Times in 862 Posts

The choice is not yours but only in the hands of the shop.
    What (censored) me off is the fact that businesses that give a damn about other minorities like, people with diabetes, allergies or intolerances against certain foods and even singles.
    If your kid (or yourself) is allergig against peanuts any airline will make sure nuts are kept off the menu during the flight, in a supermarket you need to send in a scout first to check if they don't have a large nut section with everything uncovered and loose - for the convinience of the shoppers.
    You have diabetes and still want to enjoy food means you can spend a whole day searching through every products.
    Diabetes is a massive in this country, so if anyone deserves a special section or clear labeling it would be them.
    Well, for singles shopping either means paying a lot more for small packages or especially for meat freezing it - not what I would call convienient....

Although I already know I will receive a flogging for it:
    In one way muslims act like a cancer.
    Only they don't invade your body, they invade your country.
    It only starts with a very few, barely noticed by anyone.
    The word spreads how great and welcoming your country is, so families and friends follow soon after.
    Much later you see little shops popping up selling halal foods and you local kabab shop now has a big sign for halal on his front.
    Only day you wonder what this weirdly looking building might be once it is finnished and you realise it is a mosque in your neigbourhood.
    Seeing women totally wrapped up is no longer something you encounter once a year but every time you go shopping.
    Just wait a little longer and your local council has the first muslim counsellor or representative.
    At this stage big shops also start to bend over as being halal means more business in the long run.
    I could now try to predict how this cancer keeps growing but we all know what living in a muslim controlled country means for people that actually care about their rights, freedom and their own religion.

I want to point out that from my personal experience with muslim friends I had (and still have) overseas they are actually great people with a great history and open heart.
    But I only got to know the more modern and open type of muslim.
    One family in particular made a huge impact on me.
    Hassan started to work in our company and it was not long until we bacame friends as he was a great and funny guy.
    He had a German girlfriend at that time and now they have two kids together.
    When I met his parents they told me how they came to Germany as refugees from country in civil war - muslims against all non believers...
    At that time they were still very much what you expect from a more or less radical muslim, wife covered up and always 10 steps behind her husband, no interest in the country they are now guests in.
    But they learned that there is a different way of life and that not all is bad that is not "muslim" or halal for that matter.
    Their kids grew up learning both cultures and over the years helped so the whole family not only excepted a more modern life but started to live it as well.
    They still pray to Mekka several times a day, but no women is covered up anymore, their girls run around in mini skirts and wear a bikini when swimming.
    At the end (and after we all killed a few good bottles) the old man said:
    "When I got here I was afraid to be in a place that does not trust in my god and in our way of life,
    but knew I could never go back home.
    After many years I learned to fight my fears and my kids gave me strengh to do it.
    Now we love it and call it home, and home means having a good life.
    Friends and family are the most important thing in life and we now have more good friends that are not muslims than muslims."
    To me it showed that not all muslims are the same and this was confirmed once I was explained that unlike other religions their words of "god" are not fixed.
    Instead they are being interpreted in the way that best suits the various fractions of this culture.
    Being a muslim can mean your kids, no matter if male or female will get the best education possible and in most cases have the right to choose their partner for life - like in the combined Saudi Emirates.
    But it can also mean you are born to learn that hate and violence are the only thing in your life and that being a muslim means to fight all those that have a different way of life.
    Being born as a girl in such an area often means you literally end up in the bin.
    Sadly Australia has collected a lot of extreme muslims and even supplied them with a passport.
    How can I offer someone citizenship if he or she is an extremist and I already know he won't follow his oath on the country as an oath on something that is against his god does not count in his religion?
    It is not your nice and always helpful neighbour who happens to be a muslim that gives a bad light on their culture, it is only those that openly refuse to fit in.....
    And that is why I think the muslim religion is an un-honest religion.
    Their high leader have the power to change the ways we think about muslims in general, they have the means to end the useless wars and to give their women to have a life without being beaten and humiliated every day.
    I don't know any other religion that is so diverse that both genocide in the name of the god and being a "normal" modern family are an option.
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

• The Following User Says Thank You to Downunder35m For This Useful Post:

Mods (13-06-14)

Thanks

If only more of them were like your mate (and I have a couple of similar stories) I think everybody would be better off. But unfortunately this is the extreme minority
    When I was a kid, I used to have an imaginary friend. I thought he went everywhere with me. I could talk to him and he could hear me, and he could grant me wishes and stuff too. But then I grew up, and stopped going to church.

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Question, how would you tell the difference between his donkey and his wife?

Oh yea, the wife is in the back seat....and not wearing the lipstick.......stupid me!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Thanks

Chieflets
    It's amazing how 2 people could be one on forums, must be identity theft cough cough 

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

So was the fruit in my Jam slaughtered according to the Koran????
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Thanks

No, just not blessed the right way witout including allah, or maybe there have been traces of animal fat in the old jam, although by definition jam has nothing in it that would concern halal anyway.
    Or is Maccas selling pork jam as well? LOL

Premium Member
    Thanks

Start going the Hungary Jacks, simples

Administrator
    Thanks

I find it very odd to think Maccas would even feel slightly interested in complying with Halal food standards.
    But, stranger things have happened.
    Think again... there's several of them here that are ALL halal and all muslim staff.

You can't even get bacon in Maccas burgers or breakfasts that other 'normal' Maccas serve, because the 'staff' are not permitted to touch bacon.

Lidcombe (Sydney) is one I know.

Locally it's known as McMuslims.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (13-06-14)

Premium Member
    Thanks

McMuslims.... Well there you go. I'm bloody glad i live no where near them.

Administrator
    Thanks

Start going the Hungary Jacks, simples
    Nooooo.... Muslims prefer them, because 'The burqa's are better at Hungry Jacks'

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

admin (01-11-14),koshari (01-11-14),lsemmens (13-06-14),ol' boy (13-06-14),porkop (13-06-14)

Premium Member
    Thanks

*golf clap* you're on fire tonight mtv!

Thanks

I just tried to imagine a modern shopping centre as we know it coverting to halal...
    Apart from a slightly different food court it would actually be a blessing for us men!
    How often did we complain after our girls searches through 30odd shops only to tell you that now you need to take her elsewhere as she could not find the "right" piece...
    In a halal conform shopping centre she does not have to worry about the right color or right fit - all is black and every piece will fit her the same way.
    Just don't let her see the shops for the face covers as this would be the only thing to stand out from the crowd.

Or a nice day on a muslim friendly beach...
    No need to check out if there is a hot chick around for the night, now you have russian roulette and will only see what you got when the door is closed behind you - just hope she is under 60...

• Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast