Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Halal Certification

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    But when a business chooses (yes, chooses!) to pay for halal certification the social media keyboard warriors go berserk and there is suddenly a great mis-justice. I don't agree with halal products, but will still likely buy some of them. If the people feel differently then just don't buy them and stop pushing your personal opinions and views onto others.
    The irony of course being that we are having them pushed on to us in the first place !

Muslims are granted this Halal Certification crap under religious freedom. Muslims represent under 2% of the Australian population. Under those same religious freedoms, I should be able to consume products that are within my beliefs. To me it is offensive to eat Halal products for the following reasons :

1. I do not want to pay a religious tax and no one knows where that tax money is going.

Almost any Muslim can start halal certification, I have given examples of large certification companies and small. Mrs Mac's pies is certified by the Perth Mosque as an example. At best, certification fees go towards promoting Islam in Australia and at worse, head overseas for potentially illegal purposes. Why would anyone want to potentially help finance terrorism against our defense force in the Middle East ? Or just as bad, help Islam to get to its goal of Sharia Law in Australia ? Or perhaps you would like a new mosque in your town ? Thats what at best certification fees are for.

This shows just how much some of these fees in Australia are.

HCA argued that its loss should be quantified as the fees the respondents would have paid HCA to be certified as halal businesses. Those fees were $5,000 per annum for retailers and around $30,000 per annum for wholesalers.

2. Animal Cruelty is not acceptable in this country

Many things about this are disgusting. Firstly, only Muslims get the slaughter work , dont worry about Australians they just get excluded. Then there is the fact (as I mentioned in my last post) that our state governments actually give exemptions to animal cruelty laws to Muslims ! We should hang our heads in shame.

3. Why should we pander to a religious minority ?

Give them an inch and they will take a mile. The religious majority in this country is Christianity. So why should Christians be persecuted by having to consume Halal products ? We are almost at the point that if you dont eat Halal products you will die because there is nothing else.

Its a disgrace and I encourage every Australian to start making noise about it. For far too long the average Australian has sat back and watched things happen in this country that they dont like and have done nothing other than whinge to their friends and family. Its time to start having a whinge to Australian Governments about this.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (22-11-14),Tiny (22-11-14)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wog View Post
    apparetly the mcdonalds on cheltneham rd (the halal one) isn't doing very well due to the certification.

coon has moved the halal certification stamp from outside to inside the packet, so you don't see it until you buy it
    Is that Dandenong you are talking about ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Is that Dandenong you are talking about ?
    take the time to watch the video i posted 12 part series, not only if its slaughted halal , it has to be transported halal more expenses oh boy oh boy oh boy
    Last edited by Chieflets; 22-11-14 at 02:34 PM.
    It's amazing how 2 people could be one on forums, must be identity theft cough cough 

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflets View Post
    take the time to watch the video i posted 12 part series, not only if its slaughted halal , it has to be transported halal more expenses oh boy oh boy oh boy
    Yes, its a great video, but I have no idea what it has to with me asking someone about McDonald's Dandenong.

Administrator
    Thanks

I went shopping yesterday and it amazing how some products such as cheese are practically all Halal. There are many different logos which suggests they are all paying different certification sources.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

I went to my Pantry today, and check what was in there.... Stuff thats been in there a lot longer than any of these threads.
    Its sad how many products have the halal label on them.

Of course, seeing on our very own Vegemite hurts the most!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 1,059 Posts

We are slow to wake up, geez

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (28-11-14),Godzilla (28-11-14)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,224 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reschs View Post
    We are slow to wake up, geez

Can sure say that again, 9 bloody years ago. Geez
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Yesterday I stopped for my weekly thick shake at "Wendy's" and the manager was on duty so I asked him is the thick shake I'm drinking now halal certified and he said yes. I replied to him as I've been a customer on a weekly basis for YEARS!! Well this will be my last one,,I explained why,,,, he replied but they taste the same!,,,, I said yes they do taste the same but why should we have this rubbish shoved down out throats he replied "Wendy's" is proud to have halal certified products being sold to the public,,, I replied there are very few Muslim' that live around these areas and since you are that Proud that your products are "halal certified" why don't you wack a LARGE SIGN below Wendy's stating that your products are halal certified,,, he replied I won't do that,,, I replied yeah your not stupid aren't you as if the public are aware of this halal rubbish they will keep away from your ice creams and other halal certified products and you will go out of business.

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

admin (03-12-14),allover (03-12-14),lsemmens (06-12-14),ol' boy (03-12-14),Tiny (03-12-14),VroomVroom (03-12-14),weirdo (03-12-14)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Now when you go for a thick shake, you'll have to wear a white bed sheet over your head with a black rope band holding it on
    So if Wendy's is Halal Certified, what's in the Shake 'n Dog?

Have a read here Mr, you'll find your thick shakes are not included on the Halal list. Although the the Soft Serve is.... do they make the Thick Shakes with Soft Serve?
    Last edited by ol' boy; 03-12-14 at 11:55 AM.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    ... do they make the Thick Shakes with Soft Serve?
    Yes they do unfortunately as he explained to me. Yep I watch it curl out of the machine every time I get one. Time to find something different
    Soft Serve Ice Cream comes in different shapes and forms so this can be a little confusing.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 03-12-14 at 12:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,797 Times in 862 Posts

Last time I checked noone could force someone to eat things he does not want to eat.
    You don't want salt on your fries? No problem!
    Large seafood pizza but no prawns? Why not!
    But if I check now the tide has changed to what I think the worse...
    Certian christian religious groups won't allow pork or alcohol, which is fine as it is no big deal to avoid...
    Jews have quite strict laws too what they can eat and can't eat - fair enough as they choose themself...
    Muslims appearently must have an instant stroke or heart attack if they eat anything that is not halal - and we are forced to bend over, accept it and take it in the ar.... !!
    Did anyone ever see a supermarket or food store advertising or selling food in this way for any other minority?
    Yes, I know muslims are not a minority globally but where the "normal" human has to bend down to them, they are a minority!
    It is not like an allergy against peanuts that could kill you it still is normal food....
    I would not give damn about it if it would be muslim stores selling muslim only stuff but no the muslim want everything we have - but he wants it certified!
    So even if there is only a hand full of muslims demanding it - we all pay the higher prices as last time I checked a halal cert is not paid by the muslims shopping there...

Take it the other way around to have a good laugh:
    We get a new pope and being a good christian leader he will say all christians can only eat things prepared the christian way.
    All of a sudden the christians of this world would be unable to eat what they could for the past 1000 years unless they grow it themself.
    I have even seen halal chewing gum in one of their stores, so even the kids are reduced to sucking on sugar - hopefully the cane was not grown halal.

But what really shits me that a country that already had working animal rights and cruelty laws in place, will allow to kill endless numbers of animals in a way that the modern world abandoned a long time ago as it causing the animal a great deal of pain and stress.
    Some hunters might disagree as the traditional methods are not that different, apart from the praying - but for god's sake at least you shot the poor thing first.
    We pay the extra costs of all this every day we shop somewhere, one way or the other.
    I say it is time to change the tide to the better...
    All muslims and hala certs go back to where they come from and let us live our lifes in piece and without halal rubbish.
    If you can't tolerate our rules, our language and our way of life, you have no place here - if you can't accept us, why should we even tolerate you???
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

Administrator
    Thanks

Now when you go for a thick shake, you'll have to wear a white bed sheet over your head with a black rope band holding it on
    So if Wendy's is Halal Certified, what's in the Shake 'n Dog?

Have a read here Mr, you'll find your thick shakes are not included on the Halal list. Although the the Soft Serve is.... do they make the Thick Shakes with Soft Serve?
    According to the Hala Choices booklet I got in the mail that lists Halal Products, the only listing for Wendy's is their Hotdog rolls. Thick shakes contain Gelatine.

There are MANY products in Australia that contain Halal Gelatine. Its made from seaweed whereas standard Gelatine is made from animal byproducts. This is likely what has happened in Mr672A's case.

Wendy's Australia only seem to have Halal on some products. Here is another one they admit to :

Mr672A, next time tell the idiot at Wendy's it is against your religious beliefs to eat Halal certified food. And tell everyone you know locally that their food is Halal and if they dont like it to complain to the store. Only constant complaints will result in change. Also consider spending $5 and getting the Halal Choices Shopping Guide. Its a small book which lists all companies and products paying Halal Certification fees. Its $5 that goes towards educating more people about this Islamic scam.

Its available via the link on the right of the page where it says "its here"

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (03-12-14)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,076 Times in 9,093 Posts

Sold out...that's a bit lame, although a good sign I guess.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I think the idea of paying for the booklet is as bad as paying for the Halal Certification!
    If they were really keen on getting the word out, it should be via a FREE APP that allowed donations.
    EDIT: Which i see they are in the process of. No idea if it will be FREE tho.

I know people need to paid for their time and effort, but surely a website is all that is needed.

There isn't much left to eat after you read that lot.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 03-12-14 at 01:50 PM.

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

I think the idea of paying for the booklet is as bad as paying for the Halal Certification!
    Thing is though Oceanboy, you are at least getting something for your $5, a little booklet. The Halal certification you pay for and I bet you also have to pay for the printing on your products to say that it is Halal certified.

For the money, I would want a little robed and scarfed person in my processing plant stamping my products for free, or for the cost of the certification. Heck he can even chant over it so long as it is included in the certification price!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

admin (04-12-14),ol' boy (03-12-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

The answer is simple, Muslims can pay for the certification at checkout if they want it, all the supermarket needs to do is ask for their religious denomination at checkout.

Bet you they all claim to be christian when its time to hand the mulla over.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

enf (03-12-14),ol' boy (03-12-14),porkop (03-12-14),Tiny (03-12-14),VroomVroom (04-12-14),weirdo (03-12-14)

Thanks

According to the Hala Choices booklet I got in the mail that lists Halal Products, the only listing for Wendy's is their Hotdog rolls. Thick shakes contain Gelatine.

There are MANY products in Australia that contain Halal Gelatine. Its made from seaweed whereas standard Gelatine is made from animal byproducts. This is likely what has happened in Mr672A's case.

Wendy's Australia only seem to have Halal on some products. Here is another one they admit to :

Mr672A, next time tell the idiot at Wendy's it is against your religious beliefs to eat Halal certified food. And tell everyone you know locally that their food is Halal and if they dont like it to complain to the store. Only constant complaints will result in change. Also consider spending $5 and getting the Halal Choices Shopping Guide. Its a small book which lists all companies and products paying Halal Certification fees. Its $5 that goes towards educating more people about this Islamic scam.

I don't talk to many today but the wife does (typical) but she was surprised that 9 out of 10 or better still 9.8 out of 10 have never heard anything about halal anything. As for the $5 Halal Choices Shopping Guide if I remember correctly the wife said something that its not available ATM.
    I speak occasionally to a Japanese gentleman who once knocked on my door asking me about Sat dishes (wanted NHK) and I started a conversation about Muslims and 30 minutes later he was frothing from the mouth ( I couldn't get a word in) because of the Hatred of them. The stuff he told me about the way they hunt them out or make it very uncomfortably to them to survive in Japan. I was going to ask him why the Japanese hate Muslims so much but I didn't. Maybe next time we meet.

Its only a matter of time where some Government will link halal certification and its revenue to terrorism and that will be the end of them.

Premium Member
    Thanks

There is one good thing about Halal Certification on the meat i eat, and thats come the next day when a lay a huge morning shit, i can be well assured that its safe for Muslim consumption!

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    I started a conversation about Muslims and 30 minutes later he was frothing from the mouth
    Sounds like some of the people here lol.

• The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

admin (04-12-14)

• Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast