Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Halal Certification

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Apparently it changed 3 weeks ago, if you believe one of the user comments.
    That actual YouTube video was 2011 though, so they have been getting away with it for a looooong time already.

What it does point out though, is the Halal Cert people couldn't care less if Muslims could see the logo or not!!!
    Thus reenforcing, they only want the money!
    Last edited by ol' boy; 25-06-15 at 07:56 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

are encouraging people to donate to a defense fund. Kiralee Smith, who has been the main person to stand up and expose the Halal rort, is now being sued by, you guessed it, the Halal Certification Authority.

Kiss good bye your freedom Australia.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

eaglem (10-07-19),eeprommemory (11-07-19),Godzilla (21-07-15)

Premium Member
    Thanks

If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

eaglem (10-07-19),eeprommemory (11-07-19),lsemmens (08-07-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Ozzie fish ??

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    Ozzie fish ??
    I think it is New Zealand Hoki fillets from massive floating commercial fish processing ships
    They just rape the NZ waters off the South Island

Premium Member
    Thanks

I'm thinking the packagers just print that on the box, how the foook do you halal kill a fish ??

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

eaglem (10-07-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I'm thinking the packagers just print that on the box, how the foook do you halal kill a fish ??
    What is even funnier is McDonalds don't certify any of their food as Halal.

Response from McDonalds: Thanks for your question. None of our food is certified as Halal. Our Filet-o-Fish patty is cooked separately from meat items in 100% vegetable oil. However, due to the design of the oil filtration system there is a small chance the oil used to cook these patties can become in contact with oil used to cook meat products during the oil filtering process. We therefore cannot guarantee cross-contamination will not occur, but have taken measures to minimise the amount of any cross-contamination.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    What is even funnier is McDonalds don't certify any of their food as Halal.
    I didn't pick up that the packaging was for McPuke

If the fishery that catch the fish are really paying tribute (extortion $) to the halal scam then you would think that McPuke could demand a lower price for said fish ??

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

You have to wait until the school turns toward Mecca before you actually pull them out of the water......
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (10-07-19),ol' boy (09-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

It doesn't necessarily mean it is killed a certain way. All halal means is, it is permitted. That it hasn't been contaminated or adulterated with any haram products during handling or processing. That's why you get halal chocolate etc, nothing to do with how the cocoa beans have been killed.

Premium Member
    Thanks

This is what all the Muslim based questions were about...
    Re the oil they are cooked in

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Where I used to live in the middle muslime central, Woolies supermarket had a separate meat section for the Halal. On the rare times I would go shopping with the Mrs, I'd bring over some pork and we'd debate what we wanted. Sometimes I accidentality put the pork down in the Halal section. The Mrs said she saw that often and also the whole fridge being cleaned out, presumably because some terrible person put the non Halal meat in there. After a while the did away with it Mrs said. She seemed to think too many people were " Contaminating" that section as she would often see bacon there and sometimes taken out the packet and they were probably loosing too much throwing all the corruption meat away.

There was no shortage of Halal butchers and other shops run by the Peaceful, quiet fun loving culture there so I was surprised anything was bought from the infidel place at all.

I can just imagine if they put a Halal section in the supermarkets here. Someone would set fire to it.... or the store manager! There was a BBQ Chicken place that opened up in town a while back. I think their mistake was to advertise Halal take away. They lasted about 6 Months and closed down. Suffice to say they didn't win the support of the locals. The multiple Chinese, Thai, Italian and other places all seem to do well and have all been here for ages apparently. Funny that.
    I think the guy that opened the Vietnamese place before Christmas wants to go back to Cabramatta though. Poor bloke is run off his feet! Told the Mrs the other week he was hoping it would be OK, but they never dreamed they would get the amount of business they have got and it's getting busier. Of course, the food is great there.

I do love living out here. Definitely a Halal free and all that goes with it Zone.
    Probably why it's considered the most desirable place to live in Sydney.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Only this morning there was a family at our local Woolworth carrying on and laughing so we decided to have a peek as to what was going on and what we observed was a line of food in a trolly getting wiped by some pork meat (sealed packet)in the meat section. A few seconds late the guy picked up a packet of Mars Bars and wiped them with some pork. I asked the lady next to me what he was doing and why his family was laughing their head off,,, she replied that the gentleman is de-halal-lifying the halalified products by wiping them with pork.
    Now that makes sense guys, the next time you go shopping and you have to buy something that is halal certified and you resent this just find some port and wipe it with it. Lol,Lol.
    Interesting! similar to the above post. I have not eaten Mars Bars since 2015. I might get some Mars Bars when next they are cheap and de-halal fi them.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 09-07-19 at 05:22 PM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    It doesn't necessarily mean it is killed a certain way. All halal means is, it is permitted. That it hasn't been contaminated or adulterated with any haram products during handling or processing. That's why you get halal chocolate etc, nothing to do with how the cocoa beans have been killed.
    Yeah, we all know Bob. It's still just a bunch of religious mumbo jumbo bullsh!t isn't it.

They have every right to push it IMO, but I or anyone has every right to reject it as the bunch of religious mumbo jumbo bullsh!t that it is.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

george65 (09-07-19),VroomVroom (10-07-19)

Thanks

I don't know, could be more SM hype, but I have read many times that all a Muslime needs to do to make their food Halal is say a short prayer over it.
    I would give this some credibility as I would suggest even now in the homelands, there isn't a Mufti on every farm every time the peasants want to slaughter something to eat.

I have also read that if you put a pigs head or entrails on land the Muslims cant Build on it/ inhabit it but I know that is urban myth garbage.
    It will however get you arrested and jail time I think as a hate crime if you are convicted of it in parts of oz.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Interesting! similar to the above post. I have not eaten Mars Bars since 2015. I might get some Mars Bars when next they are cheap and de-halal fi them.
    Bacon Mars bars? WINNER!

I remember being at a convention about 10 years back. There was a nice lunch put on and this Huge young guy wanted to know if everything was Halal?
    I didn't even know what that was then. Girl serving had no idea either so got the manager who said no and the guy put on quite a performance about how it was unfair he couldn't have lunch and everyone else could. Was in a hotel and the manager offered to have something prepared for him but he refused on the grounds the Kitchen wasn't " clean" which the manager bloke took great offence to.

Seriously, this guy must have weighed 200+ Kg and could have skipped 50 Lunches and still would have needed to loose half his own weight to just be obese.

The HUGE irony is that this same guy became a Client of a mate and I recognised him a couple of years back. In telling mate about his protest years earlier, he said I believe that, the guy is a huge pain in the arse. He laughed and said do you know he's gay? I didn't believe it till we got back to mates office and he showed me his FB page of him and the BF.
    Mate told me the father had recently found out and disowned him and forbade the rest of the family to have any contact or speak to him again. That's the tolerance they make so much of in action.

I wonder if he is still muslim and how that works if he is? Wonder if he still questions if what he eats is Halal?
    Wonder if the BF has been certified or maybe should be?

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eeprommemory (11-07-19),enf (10-07-19),SS Dave (10-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Yeah, we all know Bob. It's still just a bunch of religious mumbo jumbo bullsh!t isn't it.

They have every right to push it IMO, but I or anyone has every right to reject it as the bunch of religious mumbo jumbo bullsh!t that it is.
    Yep, I agree, the same as Kosher foods. To us, it is all mumbo jumbo.

Edit: and anyone that says bacon is evil, well they just ain't right in the head.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (10-07-19),eeprommemory (11-07-19),enf (10-07-19),ol' boy (10-07-19),SS Dave (10-07-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

The only Chocolate that is not HALAL is Cadbury's Rum & Raisin for obvious reason.
    The Eagle Flies High!

Thanks

While so much is made of Halal for the 2% of the population that is muslim, I wonder what percentage of that 2% take any notice of it any way?
    I would suggest having seen so many Muzzos in maccas where they DID have bacon products ( unlike a certain infamous Chicken joint 500M down the road that wouldn't serve it) which isn't Halal certified, a good percentage might just avoid pork products outright but don't worry about much else otherwise.

From my repeated and long term observation, the majority are very good at picking and choosing what they want to follow, what they ignore and making a fuss of anything that benefits them.

Thanks

Edit: and anyone that says bacon is evil, well they just ain't right in the head.
    Given the subject and context of this discussion, I would say there is overwhelming evidence to support that statement completely! :0)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (10-07-19),enf (10-07-19)

• Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast