Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: free Cable TV

Banned
    Thanks

1: Channel 07 and SBS are FREE TO AIR that means anyone with an antenna and an analogue TV can tune into the free to air frequencies, better you if you want SD or even HD video and audio quality you can purchase a free to air set top unit (a cheap one from Dick Smith or Aldi Supermarket will do) connect it to your antenna and then TV and you can watch what you want free to air wise.

NOTE:
    hNCPLus, Dscaler hell even CCDXP32 still work for FREE TO AIR television when connected to a analogue TV tuner card and antenna.

BUT if you want free digital pay TV (that is unless you happen to live in Ncable oops I mean TransACT (since they bought Ncable a few months ago) in regional victoria where analogue pay TV LIVES!) then there are options but since this is the digital cable section of Austech then forget about posting the info in this forum section.

Thanks

A mate of mine lives in Ballarat, can he still get the old analogue service ??
    Cable or Satellite ??

I have old foxtel boxes here with the cards, no use to me but if he can get a picture i might as well send to him.

Regards

Wad

Quote Originally Posted by Escape_from_Oz View Post

BUT if you want free digital pay TV (that is unless you happen to live in Ncable oops I mean TransACT (since they bought Ncable a few months ago) in regional victoria where analogue pay TV LIVES!) then there are options but since this is the digital cable section of Austech then forget about posting the info in this forum section.

Banned
    Thanks

the ols analogue foxtel PACE STU101/120 and 200 series wont work over TransACT Ncable analogue network as the Ncable netork uses virtually what Optus Vision analogue network used to be, that is a mix of Motorola/Jerrold/General Instruments and Scientific Atlantic systems, where as the old Foxtel analogue network was VOXON and PACE based systems, thats the hardware difference, software wise Optus and thus ncable used Sync Suppression scrambling Foxtel used I think from memory NDS VideoCrypt (what it was called in the UK and elsehwere) scambling which is actually called NewsCrypt

Thanks

Bob,

I think a few members here were "taking the p1ss" (in a funny way) and has been explained but just to re-iterate as I know what a panic must be to be 2 days out of the games and thinking I'm going to miss it.

Channel 7 is broadcasting the games so all you need is a TV/antenna with reception and you'll be right. add other equipment for clear picture quality

edit: I guess I should add my own tongue in cheek comment about the Tv licence fee (like they had in UK), which you can send to me and I'll take care of it for you

i wonder how much games content will show up on PAYTV anyway, will be interesting to see what those guys do to fill in the couple of weeks content wise I guess nothing although I noticed one of the music channels has jumped on with something like the "5000 best songs during the games" so umm...
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Thanks

Bob, Bob, where r u? Your not bob the builder by any chance - I need some renovation work done.............. sorry about bein off subject

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesv View Post
    Bob, Bob, where r u? Your not bob the builder by any chance - I need some renovation work done.............. sorry about bein off subject
    was that meant to be funny???

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12