Thread: Cam Problem

Thanks

Default Cam Problem

Had my Purple Irdeto 2.26d for about a mouth all working fine with version 5.3 cards, whitey gold and sliver about 5 days ago all cards read E 17 error use original cards aurora smart card work fine.Using Em tech 200 Strong 4800ii Strong 4658x Humax 5410 Boxes all the same. Put cards in only in card slots work fine but in cam no luck please help

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi Spagy,

I know very little about Cams ( and what I do know is from all the threads on this site) but it doesn't take Einstein to work out that your cam has gone "off".

So you are saying that the G2 will work in the embedded card slots of your receivers YES?? If so then the card and your boxes are all good, which leaves the issue with your cam. I don't know why your cam has failed but at a guess I would say that the firmware/programming has changed so I would suggest getting it flashed again by somebody reputable. There are a few guys on this site who can do it if you can't.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by myf360f1 View Post
    Hi Spagy,

I know very little about Cams but it doesn't take Einstein to work out that your cam has gone "off".

So you are saying that the G2 will work in the embedded card slots of your receivers YES?? If so then the card and your boxes are all good, which leaves the issue with your cam. I don't know why your cam has failed but at a guess I would say that the firmware/programming has changed so I would suggest getting it flashed again by somebody reputable. There are a few guys on this site who can do it if you can't.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    And what do you flash it with? 2.26d looks prrretty recent to me. This isn't an isolated incident as there has been a couple of others reporting cam probs also.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Thanks Leroy, I was suggesting reflashing with the same, and testing it to see if it might be something with the cam itself or something gone wrong with the program. But now you have mentioned that this is not an isolated incident then there is obviously more to it.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

e17, is wrong card......

looks like a shotgun wedding.....

new smit cams seem to have this problem in some boxes, 2.21 and 2.26 scm cams seem to be ok in most boxes for now....

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spagy View Post
    Had my Purple Irdeto 2.26d for about a mouth all working fine with version 5.3 cards, whitey gold and sliver about 5 days ago all cards read E 17 error use original cards aurora smart card work fine.Using Em tech 200 Strong 4800ii Strong 4658x Humax 5410 Boxes all the same. Put cards in only in card slots work fine but in cam no luck please help
    Yep, they are dropping like flies. You should find that although you get E17 and no pics that your card is actually still being updated.

Thanks

sorry i haven't got back to uses soon to don't know much about cams but why do original cards aurora smart card work fine cards work fine but not the other cards i was told that i can not flash this cam thanks