Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: $40 EBay Amlogic S802 + Air Mouse - Time to dispute

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I cannot believe the amount of scammers that have appeared on ebay in regards to android boxes. It seems to be a favourite at the moment.

I still have the previous mentioned dispute open and have now got done on another one, a Minix which I won at auction for around $90.

There are numerous sellers with feedback under 5 that have appeared trying to sell M8 boxes.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

The 2 boxes i got from Ali Express turned up and were fine.
    I've been finding Ali Express more reliable and honest than eBay lately.

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

jonc (07-08-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

I should add that Paypal has finalised my dispute and refunded the money.

The thought that Ali Express is more reliable than EBay is just plain frightening. I tried to buy something from Ali Express and basically had the seller renege because they claimed the factory price had changed. Instread of the usual trick of demanding more money they simply refunded and cancelled the transaction. I then found it impossible to complain because the Ali Express system continually claimed it could not identify the seller, despite the form clearly identifying them by their Ali website as requested. In fairness, I must say that I suspect the merchant concerned truly believes this is acceptable business practice. Whereas our business practice and laws demand that they honour the contract even if they have to take a loss, they obviously believe that is not and should not be required. That may well be Chinese business practice. I simply don't know. What I do know is that these sorts of practices do not sit well with western customers, and Ali and the like will never become truly mainstream until this is resolved.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Yes, in a sense Ali is more frightening, but i have found because of this, the sellers i have dealt with take the time to be more upfront and honest, as the system is based on them doing the "Right" thing.

Of 40 or 50 Ali transactions, all has turned up, apart from a $9 roll of fishing braid, but most importantly, they have all communicated and explained when things have taken longer, they have been more than friendly, with prompt replies.
    Yes, you dont have PayPal to hide behind... But somehow thats seems to make them go the extra mile to keep you happy.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 07-08-14 at 10:13 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

I was initially a little nervous about using Aliexpress, but my fears proved unfounded as I've made many purchases over the years and all without problems of any kind.

And yes, sellers have all responded courteously and promptly to any queries I had prior to and post purchase, and the goods have always arrived intact and as described.

I'm very happy with the service provided by Aliexpress.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

jonc (08-08-14),marty 17 (08-08-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Perhaps we should have a thread to share the particular sellers we have found reliable, or even do so by PM. It seems to me this would assist both members and the sellers.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

marty 17 (08-08-14)

Banned

Thanks

I found yojiatech using Aliexpress good to deal with as they were recommended by carjackma to me originally.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marty 17 For This Useful Post:

DB44 (08-08-14),sdrambo (10-08-14)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    I should add that Paypal has finalised my dispute and refunded the money.

The thought that Ali Express is more reliable than EBay is just plain frightening. I tried to buy something from Ali Express and basically had the seller renege because they claimed the factory price had changed. Instread of the usual trick of demanding more money they simply refunded and cancelled the transaction. I then found it impossible to complain because the Ali Express system continually claimed it could not identify the seller, despite the form clearly identifying them by their Ali website as requested. In fairness, I must say that I suspect the merchant concerned truly believes this is acceptable business practice. Whereas our business practice and laws demand that they honour the contract even if they have to take a loss, they obviously believe that is not and should not be required. That may well be Chinese business practice. I simply don't know. What I do know is that these sorts of practices do not sit well with western customers, and Ali and the like will never become truly mainstream until this is resolved.
    I also don't find Aliexpress worthwhile. Its far too slow and I have been sent some utter garbage some of which appears to be used second hand goods. I'd rather take my chances on ebay with paypal protection.

Administrator
    Thanks

I just got a refund of $86 on the MINIX NEO X8-H Android 4.4 Smart TV Box but the claim on the M8 box is still dragging on.

Administrator
    Thanks

And got the original $40 one returned last night. A bit of a pain all up but as least you know your moneys coming back with Paypal.

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234