Thread: Onkyo reoccurring fault

Thanks

Default Onkyo reoccurring fault

I've got an Onkyo sr707 reciever which I bought in 2010.
    In 2012 it stopped working, no sound output. Got it repaired under warranty Hdmi board replaced. Its now gone faulty again with the same fault. Pretty much exactly 2 years after the first repair but now its over a year out of warranty. A bit of googling tells me its a common problem and high chance of reoccurring. I dont even use it much... probably only once a month on average at the most.
    Are there any rules or laws to say that they should cover the repairs if its the same fault? they probably wouldn't admit it themselves that its a know problem.... someone overseas says they got it repaired under special warranty but since onkyo doesnt actually have an office in Australia, not sure if it would be deal with the same by an importer.
    I dont use it much but when I do use it I enjoy it just makes it more annoying that I havent had much use out of a box that is/was worth $1500 at the time...

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

it's the dsp/hdmi pcb for sure, i think the sr707 is one of the models that needs capacitors added to insure a better outcome/performance
    When I explained to the guy what avatar I wanted, that wasn't what I meant!