Thread: DSC Classic 1565 Alarm System Help

Thanks

Default DSC Classic 1565 Alarm System Help

Hi all

The house we bought a few years had the following alarm system DSC Classic 1565 Alarm System.
    I recently changed the battery because it completely died and now I want to start using it again. However to arm the alarm the 'Ready' button needs to be on. Currently the 'trouble' light is on.

As per online manual it told me to check the areas of trouble I you need to press[*] + 2. This displayed the areas of trouble being 3 & 4. They correspond to the following:
    3 ................. Telephone line trouble
    4 ................. The panel has failed to communicate with the central station

This alarm never had back to base option. What can I do to fix these coming up as problems? I want to use the alarm again

Thank you for your help.

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Can only be resolved by programming changes. You will need the programming code or default back to factory & start from scratch.

Thanks

The panel should be useable with the fault showing if nobody messed with any cabling.
    You'll still need the arm/disarm code.
    To get rid of the fault showing yourself:
    Connect the panel to the phone line / monitoring and leave it dial out - the Alarm company will send you a tech if they don't like you dialling them.
    They should have disable the dialler and wipe the numbers when terminating old account.

Good luck with that old panel.
    A.J.Rimmer

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sashatheman View Post
    Hi all

The house we bought a few years had the following alarm system DSC Classic 1565 Alarm System.
    I recently changed the battery because it completely died and now I want to start using it again. However to arm the alarm the 'Ready' button needs to be on. Currently the 'trouble' light is on.

As per online manual it told me to check the areas of trouble I you need to press[*] + 2. This displayed the areas of trouble being 3 & 4. They correspond to the following:
    3 ................. Telephone line trouble
    4 ................. The panel has failed to communicate with the central station

This alarm never had back to base option. What can I do to fix these coming up as problems? I want to use the alarm again

Thank you for your help.
    Those trouble conditions shouldn't stop you using the alarm anyway.