Thread: C band dish size for Thaicom 5 25Klm north Bairnsdale and install please

Thanks

Default C band dish size for Thaicom 5 25Klm north Bairnsdale and install please

Hi all,
    I am located about 25Klms north of bairnsdale and have a reasonable in encumbered view to the north west / west.
    I would like to know if anyone can advise me on the dish size and where I may acquire one from I would like to receive Thaicom 5 C band (horizontal beam as I don't think I will be able to get the both).
    I have the latest paid for PSI sat box that has access to all channels that has been running in Thailand no problems.

Thank you in anticipation
    Regards Greg

PS: if anyone can Recommend someone to install this said dish would be greatly appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Greg,

Just to clarify, when your decoder was running in Thailand, was it on the global beam of Thaicom5?

You'll only be able to receive the channels on the global beam at your location.

I think you may already be aware of that as you mentioned you may only get the horizontal transponders, which according to Lyngsat (which is not always accurate) only horizontal transponders are on the global C-Band beam.

A 2.5m mesh or 1.8m solid dish will be fine.

Will this be a fixed or motorised setup?

Some Vic satellite suppliers include satplus.com.au melbournesatellites.com.au aussiesatellite.com

Unless you already have them... you'll also require an appropriate mount (Eg: pole set in concrete or bolted to wall) LNB, cable, connectors, wall outlet, flylead, etc

Plus if motorised.... an actuator, positioner and actuator cable.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Gregathome (30-07-14)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,522 Times in 1,805 Posts

check out gumtree you sometimes get really cheap 2nd hand dishes ect,also there are horizontal channels on thaicom 6 that you can receive in Thailand but you will not be able to get them in OZ

• The Following User Says Thank You to hazman For This Useful Post:

Gregathome (31-07-14)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Without checking where Thiacom 6 is located on the Equator, apart from the possibility of it being 'over the horizon' for your location, they may also 'Beam' the signal towards Thailand rather than towards Australia which reduces your chances of receiving a signal here.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

The OP was only inquiring about Thaicom 5.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Gregathome (01-08-14),Tiny (31-07-14)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Without checking where Thiacom 6 is located on the Equator, apart from the possibility of it being 'over the horizon' for your location, they may also 'Beam' the signal towards Thailand rather than towards Australia which reduces your chances of receiving a signal here.
    For information, Thaicom 6 is co-located with Thaicom 5 at 78.5 degrees east longitude.

At this time, it services SE Asia only. .