Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats the Best of the Best Sat box

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

they usually don't charge vat for international purchases. Try satshop.tv

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

The last few days the satshop.tv site has been down and only this morning it came back on line. It is still having problems.
    Anyhow I have purchased the Vu-Duo2 with 2x DVB Tuner from for 369 Euro (VAT REMOVED), Shipping 30 euro, And 4% handling fee of 17.96 Euro being the total of 417 euro converted in Aussie money its $600 to my door.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    they usually don't charge vat for international purchases. Try satshop.tv

Leroy
    The satshop.tv has still not replied to my email asking about the vat. Maybe they are have problems with their other site problems

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Anyhow I have purchased the Vu-Duo2 with 2x DVB Tuner
    Did you know there is the option of a single (dual dvb-s2 tuner)? That way it only takes up one of the two tuner slots and you can use the other one for a dvb-t tuner.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by warbo View Post
    Did you know there is the option of a single (dual dvb-s2 tuner)? That way it only takes up one of the two tuner slots and you can use the other one for a dvb-t tuner.
    I was not to sure about this and is the reason why I bought the dual tuner as it can be handu but I was also told that you can use other methods I think a USB tuner in case if you have used both slots

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Vu Ultimo if you ask me... Triple Tuner + USB Tuner if you like (so 4 tuners, 2 x DVB S2 and 2 x DVB T).

Will the USB tuner work for the Vu Duo2

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Will the USB tuner work for the Vu Duo2
    Yes
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Can someone please confirm the below is correct
    What I ordered is a VU+® Duo² 2x DVB-S2 Tuner. Now the Motherboard has 2 slots so my 2 x tuner is that 1 tuner for Sat in 1 slot and the other Sat tuner in the other slot (both slots used)?
    Now If I change my order(emailed them to hold order until I reply) to VU+® Duo² 1x DVB-S2 / 1x DVB-C/T Tuner does that mean the 1 tin can in 1 slot for the Sat and the other tin can in other slot for terrestrial TV.
    I think when they say dual they mean 2 sat inputs in 1 tin can in 1 slot.
    Another Question! The Terrestrial tuner is it ok for us in Australia.
    Confusion sometime rains in my head.

Premium Member

Thanks

IMO you are better off spending more and getting the Dual DVB-S2 tuner, leaving you a spare tuner slot then you have the choice of using the second one for any other combo that you like.

The VU+ DVB-T tuner is the most sensitive and fastest tuner I have used and I have been through my fair share of USB ones. They work fine here in OZ.

One interesting thing I have noticed with the Duo2 running Blackhole and a VU+ DVB-T tuner, is that all of the FTA stations are always populated. I haven't looked into if that's because of the image or the tuner yet.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to warbo For This Useful Post:

Hillsbysa (20-08-14),Mr 672A (17-08-14),weirdo (17-08-14)

Thanks

IMO you are better off spending more and getting the Dual DVB-S2 tuner, leaving you a spare tuner slot then you have the choice of using the second one for any other combo that you like.

The VU+ DVB-T tuner is the most sensitive and fastest tuner I have used and I have been through my fair share of USB ones. They work fine here in OZ.

One interesting thing I have noticed with the Duo2 running Blackhole and a VU+ DVB-T tuner, is that all of the FTA stations are always populated. I haven't looked into if that's because of the image or the tuner yet.
    Yes I see what you mean. Have one slot for two Sat inputs A and B and the second slot for terrestrial. That combo would be ok. I should have scratched my head a little harder before ordering. Because I have so many boxes doing anything and The AZBox premium Plus still in my setup the second Vu Duo2 Sat input is not needed but I can see what you mean as you never know whats around the corner.

Thanks

One interesting thing I have noticed with the Duo2 running Blackhole and a VU+ DVB-T tuner, is that all of the FTA stations are always populated. I haven't looked into if that's because of the image or the tuner yet.[/QUOTE]

See I live half way between Mt Coot-tha and Nambour so our Terrestrial channels are a lot so how would this effect using the Blackhole image for terrestrial? Also anyone use the biss plugin with the blackhole image? I need to learn more about this.

Premium Member

Thanks

Another advantage of having the Dual DVB-S2 card is that tuner A and tuner B are looped through. So if you only have a single lnb cable you'll be able to watch/record channels on the same polarity.

Because you ordered two DVB-S2 tuners this probably doesn't apply to you as I expect you have a dual output lnb.

Regarding the FTA channels populating. What I meant was the EPG always seems to be populated, where normally you first need to change to the channel and then the EPG will populate.

I don't use BISS.
    Last edited by warbo; 17-08-14 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks

Regarding the FTA channels populating. What I meant was the EPG always seems to be populated, where normally you first need to change to the channel and then the EPG will populate.

Most of my LNB's have either two or quad outputs..
    Thanks

Premium Member

Thanks

Sorry, when I say FTA I was referring to the terrestrial channels. Those are the ones that seem to auto populate.

Thanks

What I ordered is a VU+® Duo² 2x DVB-S2 Tuner
    I'd really appreciate a Review once you get your hands on the VU+® Duo², in another thread of course

Cheers
    Last edited by macca; 17-08-14 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks

Oops, double post
    Last edited by macca; 17-08-14 at 05:09 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I'd really appreciate a Review once you get your hands on the VU+® Duo², in another thread of course

Cheers
    Yeah, same here if you dont mind. Thats after you get it up and running and setup how you want it of course. The Vu Duo is a great box so it should be even better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Yeah, same here if you dont mind. Thats after you get it up and running and setup how you want it of course. The Vu Duo is a great box so it should be even better.
    The vu duo2 will be taking over the job of the AZbox so the AZBox Premium + will be one shelf under but have the same control as (except for the motorised 2.3M dish) as the vu duo2. Since all my dishes now 10 of them including the 2.3M have 2 or 4 input LNBF's and all the favorite Sats have multi switches on them so the new Vu duo2 will have Diseqc 1.1 for 1-16 switching + have to control my 2.3 dish. This will no doubt take some time to set up but will be made easier due to me coping settings from the AZBox like Sat, diseqc number for sat, 2.3 dish Controller numbered position and other. I'm not sure if I will change the factory image as I have read a few have bricked the boxes and the duo2 cannot be recovered like the duo via the serial port.. The other not is I have read that Factory image does not support and Emu's.

Thanks

Hi guys i know it's an old post but i am looking at buying a VU+ DUO 2 with the Dual DVB-S2 tuner and the VU+ Dual DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner
    is this the correct gear to buy for OZ sat and free to air i am confused with there web site also which image do i use for the 2 tuners is the image that comes on the VU+ DUO2 suitable to operate both tuners for Australia or do i need to use something else
    Confucius says best place to look for helping hand is at end of own arm

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satmax View Post
    is this the correct gear to buy for OZ sat and free to air i am confused with there web site also which image do i use for the 2 tuners is the image that comes on the VU+ DUO2 suitable to operate both tuners for Australia or do i need to use something else
    which FTA are you talking about? if it's VAST, you'll need a CAM/card combo.

I run the PLi image, very wife friendly

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast