I recently switched from AT&T U-Verse to Suddenlink cable for Internet service.

The problem I'm having is that with the Motorola AT&T modem that I was using; I had patched to a D-Link dual band 628 wireless router that was operating on the 5GHz band for most of my devices around the home. The only use I had for the AT&T wireless modem / router was that my son's Wii U is 2.4GHz only and it was the only device that I had attached to it. My phones, my kids computer, etc. were all operating off of the D-Link wireless router.

When I made the switch; it was relatively painless, except that I had to re-sync my devices to the D-Link router, now operating in the 2.4GHz band. SSID and password remained the same. All of the security parameters remained the same. All of my devices synced with the new frequency flawlessly - except for my kids computer. It will begrudgingly connect (after a LONG time) to the D-Link router and shows excellent signal strength. But; it also only shows "Limited Connectivity". It shows that there is Internet access available, but; it will not connect to the Internet. Nor, any other device on the home network.

My first inclination was that the wireless card (Intel Centrino Advanced) in my kids computer was bad, or the 2.4 part of the radio was not functioning. WRONG! It sees all 2.4GHz signals in close proximity, but will not connect to any of them. So; I tried a USB Wi-Fi dongle with the same results. It saw all of the access points, but still will not connect. Nothing has changed on their computer, except recent Windows updates (prior to the switch). Theirs is the only computer in the house that's running Windows 8.1 Professional, so I have nothing else to compare it to. But; it's worked flawlessly over the past several years on either band.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!