Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Vu-Duo2 is it the Best of the Best?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

You happy with the Duo 2 Mr 672A?
    Did you end up with the VAT removed when you purchased from Germany?
    Last edited by ol' boy; 29-09-14 at 03:56 AM.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    You happy with the Duo 2 Mr 672A?
    Did you end up with the VAT removed when you purchased from Germany?
    Yes vat gone.
    As for the duo2 yes its marvelous, Its very fast and does everything I need. I have made my favourites, all favourites have picons, 2 Computers setup for all that is needed so either puter and all boxes can talk to either puter (one puter is a backup. dreamset will not work correctly on the 64 bit machine), dreambox Edit and Dreamset working OK otherwise and doing there bit, Cute FTP on both puters looks after the naughty bits that convert black screens into moving screens, Harmony Touch remote doing its bit controlling all that is needed (6 Activities and the max 14 Devices).
    As for Picons WoW! For the channels that were hard to find Picons for I found a easy way out of it.
    1/ Say Edge Sports
    2/ Google Edge Sports/Lyngsat
    3/ Click on the one that has the link /tvchannels
    4/ Lyngsat pops up with the avatar/picon available 99% of the time.
    5/ Save it and download it.
    6/ Photoshop it and give it Pixel width 100, Height 60, Res 96 and the rest get there act together (Doco Size Width 1.042 Height 0.625)
    I must have downloaded about a dozen Picon packets and none had the difficult ones I wanted.
    Buy the way all make sure the Service number matches when you re-name it.
    Next job will be to see whats on Optus 10 and if its worth while I will install another dish.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (29-09-14)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

The only other matter I would have liked the Duo2/blackhole to do is to have an Option that when You turn the mains on the box boots up but goes to standby ( I have a reason for this) but since the duo2 is similar to a dreambox and the dreambox doesn't do it
    I automatically accepted that the duo2 would not do this and it doesn't. What a bummer!

Thanks

is the free view plus working on it?

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    when You turn the mains on the box boots up but goes to standby
    Thats odd, thanks for the heads up on that
    The Vu Ultimo boots up to shows the last channel that was playing if it is power cycled.
    I often power cycle the whole house at the main switch, its easier then dealing with each device.

So is there a setting you can change in the Duo2 so it boots to an active channel of your choosing like most other E2 boxes??
    Wonder what other Duo2 owners have found.

Thanks

Thats odd, thanks for the heads up on that
    The Vu Ultimo boots up to shows the last channel that was playing if it is power cycled.
    I often power cycle the whole house at the main switch, its easier then dealing with each device.

So is there a setting you can change in the Duo2 so it boots to an active channel of your choosing like most other E2 boxes??
    Wonder what other Duo2 owners have found.
    My Harmony remote works wonders. The TV room has its own UPS power supply just in case of a blackout of poor power supply which we have (air con on and off next door, DOL start, so I swapped phase for my special power point and the house on the other side decided now to get a massive air con that causes the same problems) . I have ONE main power Point on its own circuit that feeds our main TV room. This power point is easily accessible (storms). This power point then feeds a 4 outlet Switched power board where two go to each cabinet either side of the Hecto. Each cabinet has at least 8 double power points (one with the switch in the middle as a main) that can be turned on in groups "eg" The Movie Group, watch a movie == Oppo, Onkyo, two Yamaha sound amps that drive 4 Keff Subwoofers Hecto, Hecto LEDs all power on BUT GO INTO STAND BY!!. The same for all the Sat stuff. Its only the Duo2, the DM 7000's and the AZBox of all the stuff I have that doesn't go to standby when you hit it with 240 volts. Its a pain!!.
    When everything is on stand by the whole system works tremendous As I use now only 4 categories in my Harmony remote to give me what I want.
    PS besides getting the Duo2 up and running at the same time I was working on my LED rear back lighting on the Hecto that adjusts the back light in 10 adjustment and to finish it off I now have 4 Kef C250 Sub woofers being driven by two Yamaha sound amps
    WOW I tested it on Saturday watching Pearl Harbor the House was sharking and the Onkyo was set only at -12.5 db. The next thing I would like is somehow make our two glass Light fitting in the ceiling rattle and shake when explosions go off.
    I love all our toys because none of us know long we are going to live on the rotten painful planet.

As for duo2 booting to a Active channel of your choosing all I know is whatever channel I leave it on the day before it goes back to it after the mains goes back on.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 29-09-14 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks

I know you can purchase 240V main isolators that are ir controlled (ebay). Now they would be interesting with the Harmony Remote.

Thanks

So is there a setting you can change in the Duo2 so it boots to an active channel of your choosing
    Had a quick look could not find one. wonder if other images give you a better option for this.

Thanks

I'm thinking about changing the skins on my duo2 with the ones that you can view and download from the box. By changing these skins to something that looks better (mainly Lighter) do you lose any of the windows/options or panels. Reason why I ask is reading one site a guy changed his skins on a Vuo Duo and lost his Blue Panel (Possibly Found in another location).
    What do you think?

Premium Member
    Thanks

Skins are exactly that, a change

Use one, if you like it, keep it, if not, try another.... You can always go back to your original skin.
    Note: Do a full Back Up and/or Personal BackUp first, then if it all goes pear shaped, you can at least return to where you started.

Personally, i have found the default skins the best. Also makes it easier when trying to explain your problem to someone on a forum
    But, each to their own, its all part of the fun of a hobbyists box
    Last edited by ol' boy; 05-10-14 at 12:03 PM.

Thanks

Yes this is what I have read that some have not backed up anything but trashed there box but for the one that don't know apparently all you have to do to fix the box (not a reflash)as long as your box can get access to your computer is you go to /usr/share/enigma2/ and delete the offending skin, reboot the box and all should be ok.

Premium Member
    Thanks

You won't break it
    Just get into it, start having fun..... You will need to spend some time with each skin tho, its kinda like using a different phone, it will seem strange at first, then you will get the hang of it.
    End of the day, they all let you do the same thing.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

You won't break it
    If he did he would be able to re flash with the backup he has made of his working image. But has he ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    If he did he would be able to re flash with the backup he has made of his working image. But has he ?
    Admin I have the Back up for the back up X three ways. If I back up anymore I will have to clone myself. The only other backup I need is another Duo2 because I am extremely happy with my one I have and it calls for another as the wife love the way that I can record one channel and record 3 more at the same time. WoW Some Dude on Vu Community has recorded a max of 16 at the same time.
    Trust me admin I even have a backup for the backup computer (both the same)and even have a backup for that (a third Computer). Yeah call me paranoid but I can tell you this this is the way I've always been to have multiple of everything and back up for the back up. For me its a case that Why trash the Duo2 with a mistake when I can ask a question first that possibly eliminates a mistake and that has to be better than reinstalling BH again and sending all your setting across via FTP or USB and FTP'ing my lovely LCD and other across again.

Talk about the LCD screen on the Duo 2 . In LCD4Linux you have (Blue twice) IDLE and in there you can set up your LCD on standby and WoW it now looks good on Standby. What else can I do with this great box.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    yes, combined Cable and Terrestrial tuner
    Satshop no working???

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Satshop no working???

Leroy
    link works fine for me

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    link works fine for me
    thanks for that. It appears according to my resident bable fish that I'm having trouble from my current location accessing it.

.........Leroy

PS My daughter was asking what your avatar is????
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    thanks for that. It appears according to my resident bable fish that I'm having trouble from my current location accessing it.

.........Leroy

PS My daughter was asking what your avatar is????
    I'd like to hear how you explained that

• Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213