Thread: Galaxy Tab 3 sites wont load.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Galaxy Tab 3 sites wont load.

My wife has a Galaxy Tab 3 and every now and again certain sites flatly refuse to load.
    One in particular is NEWS Australia that for 2 days kept telling us the site wasnt there, moved, no internet connection etc but today, its loading normally.
    There are days when the headings are there but no icons and when that happens, you get a similar response of 'web page not available' etc, etc.
    I have checked the internet connection with the wifi program to check the quality, surfed to numerous other sites like Youtube without difficulty but this NEWS site flatly refuses to appear.
    I have a Bauhn tablet as well and it too can refuse to load that site but not as often as the Galaxy.

Other than testing the aerodynamic qualities of both Tablets, any ideas how to 'fix' this problem?

PS, I am on wireless and I know it has its little foibles but generally when one site plays up, they all do.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 862 Posts

It sounds to me like you have a DNS problem.
    Check if your router uses automatic assigned IP addresses and DNS servers.
    If so, change the DNS server to Google or OpenDNS - 8.8.8.8 -8.8.4.4 for Google, 208.67.222.222 -208.67.220.220 for OpenDNS.
    Not sure how to clean the DNS cache on the tablet but if you forget your network connection and set it up with a fixed IP and DNS it should work.
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

That bloody DNS again, thats what caused me and a few others to not be able to connect with Austech when it changed servers.
    You have just rung a very muffled bell in my thick head regarding using the 'Forget' on the Tablet because it somehow lost the details the other day and when I re entered it, that fixed it............worth trying.

I have to ask the bleedin' obvious but why is it doing that and why on TWO Tablets?
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 24-08-14 at 02:48 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 862 Posts

That is because they both rely on the DNS settings in your router.
    If something changes for a website and the DNS does not have these changes yet the tablets won't show the right stuff.
    If you add a laptop it can happen too
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder