Thread: if i continue using a same battery on my galaxy s3?

Thanks

Default if i continue using a same battery on my galaxy s3?

A friend notice his galaxy s2 standard battery had swollen a lot and no longer keep a charge as new. The phone eventually died until his new 5000 mAh replacement battery arrived. So I checked my GS3 battery which been used for around a year and is lucky to still be flat. Does it bound to be swollen if i continue using a same battery?

Look Here ->
    Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adpino View Post
    A friend notice his galaxy s2 standard battery had swollen a lot and no longer keep a charge as new. The phone eventually died until his new 5000 mAh replacement battery arrived. So I checked my GS3 battery which been used for around a year and is lucky to still be flat. Does it bound to be swollen if i continue using a same battery?
    Of course you mean it's not swollen. Yes!
    You are concerned that it might get swollen if you continue usage of the same battery.

I don't think so, there is no evidence suggesting there is a major problem with the batteries in S3's.

I own 2 GS3 4G's updated to 4.3 BTW & won't be replacing the batteries unless I have an issue with them.

Having said that, some people are bleating that there are issues with battery life versus usage in S3's especially if it's been updated to 4.3.

Personally here I think that the battery life is great if you use it as a phone & sometimes use apps.
    If however you are constantly talking to someone & or using apps, playing games, downloading data, watching videos etc, it will certainly drain the standard battery very quickly.

So to to extend battery life; turn of unwanted background apps & don't drain the battery until your phone turns off, charge it up full when it gets low.

The moment you suspect your battery is having unusual problems for no valid reason; like not charging fully or going flat very quickly when not in use, then replace it.
    Certainly if you discover the battery is bulging or changing shape in any way then replace it.

Hope that helps.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."