Thread: Abbott's Team Australia me thinks he watches too much South Park

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

Default Abbott's Team Australia me thinks he watches too much South Park

I'm personally embarrased to hear Abbott utter the words Team Australia are we a bunch of South Park gung ho puppets with no tolerance for ethnic elements of our community.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pheggie View Post
    are we a bunch of South Park gung ho puppets with no tolerance for ethnic elements of our community.
    You normally are , so its quite a surprise that it worries you that someone else might be ? It seems you change your spots with each topic you post.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,797 Times in 862 Posts

Tony is not really known for the right choice of words anyway, so no surprise to me he still has no clue.
    I think his latest publicity is nothing more than a weak attempt to turn the tide on his low acceptane in the public.
    He promotes the "true blue Aussie" but as often as he can he manages to show he has no clue about the meaning.
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

From the comments in the article about "team Australia" I'd suspect that, whilst a very poor way of expressing his thoughts, all Tony was saying was that he wants all members of the community to be Australians first and ethnic minorities, second. What did he say to offend any minority? Become a part of this great country? It's not as though he said, "You lot with the pink underwear with purple dots need to join the purple underwear brigade". What he basically said was, "Everyone needs to wear purple underwear" he was not singling out one group. It seems to me, the the offended group does not want to join Australia and should return to the Banana republic from which they came.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

He was saying in a nice polite way what Vladamir Putin said far more succinctly that if people come to live in Australia, they abide by the rules of the day, something very obvious one section seems to be reluctant to do and if they were as they claim willing to 'Play on Team Australia with Tony Abbott as "Captain", then they wouldnt be objecting to the anti terrorism proposals.

I totally dislike this 'Team Australia' phrase and I think Aboott and Hockey both need new script writers.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I totally dislike this 'Team Australia' phrase and I think Aboott and Hockey both need new script writers.
    Agree. The idea behind the message is 100% accurate, however the message is muffled in politically correct 'speak'. Far too much of this going on these days, problem is if it's not done in this way the 'PC brigade' come out in force and the entire message gets lost. A catch-22 situation indeed.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

eaglem (25-08-14),enf (24-08-14)