Thread: 8 ball pool by Miniclip - The most unfair game ever?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 862 Posts

Default 8 ball pool by Miniclip - The most unfair game ever?

Anyone playing the pool game by Miniclip?
    A friend recommended it so we can play against each other a few times.
    Compared to the 3D versions is looks quite simple and the physics for the spinning are not really 100% but it makes playing fun as you don't have to spin the table around, zoom in and our or anything like that.
    But after playing it now for about a week I realised there is a big problem with the game: Cheaters!
    Several times now I lost my hard earned coin against players that winning percentage of over 90% - with sometimes more than 200 games played.
    At first I thought it could be someone good that started again with a new account until I noticed the difference in aiming for the balls.
    While the computer generated players always look a bit confused in their decisions, a normal human player selects a ball, takes aim and adjusts this aim until satisfied.
    The cheaters only take a fraction of that time and usually make no corrections for the aim either - it is a simple matter of selecting the ball and locking in to the target.
    Even the longest and most diffcult shots hit the hole without even touching the walls of the pocket.

Complaints to Miniclip are fruitless as so far I only got computer generated responses back.
    Checking the net shows available cheats for basically all platforms, except Android.
    Even complete tutorials on Fiddler and the setup of a patched shockwave system.
    What drives those idiots into cheating?
    In a pool game I fail to see the point as you neither improove your skills no have any real gain.
    But worst of all is that those idiots also flood you with chat messages as soon as it is your turn.
    An otherwise good game ruined by people that obvously don't have enough brain cells left to learn how to play pool

But even without cheating players the selection of players is not something a beginner will like.
    Constantly you encounter players with a ranking of 80 to 120 higher than your own.
    The good player is bored and the beginner know right away the chance of winning is next to nil.
    Once you have certain experience it is ok though, still the cheaters annoy the (censored) out of me...
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Downunder35m For This Useful Post:

cobra679 (02-09-14),shred (03-09-14)

Look Here ->

Thanks

Just read this and gave it a shot. Now I'm hooked

Thanks

Thanks

Wait until you get to the cheaters or players like James (level88) that make useles shots for over an hour if they have to, just so you finally free the ball so they can win.
    It is easy to get hooked and a lot of fun but it does not make up for the frustration of loosing a lot of coins to players that in a pool hall you simply would bash into little pieces.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Downunder35m For This Useful Post:

cobra679 (03-09-14)

Thanks

Ive only been playing as a guest. Whats the go with the coins and registering, do the coins turn into real money?

Thanks

Noticed there is an even more frustrating way to loose your coins: let the other player crash your game...
    Must be a new one but today it happened 5 times - out of 12 tounaments I played
    That is how it happened in all games;
    8ball is blocked right in front of the hole by another ball or it is the other way around (ball in front of 8 and hole) - with little to no chance to resue the ball.
    The opponent will drive you nuts trying to lure you into the mistake, but when you eventually manage to freely place the white bal for a possible win the game stopps right after you potted the ball.
    The usual freeze you might think when the player leaves the game - but when it finally resumes you only see that you lost, both the game and tournament.
    In two cases the game totally froze and after restarting it I could only see that the guy that actually lost the match advanced in the tournament.
    As a rule of thumb thos players also bombard you constantly with useless chat messages.

To my surprise Miniclip answered my rant about this "bug" in the game, here is the response:
    Quote Originally Posted by Miniclip support
    Dear .....
    We are sorry to hear that you have such difficulties with the game.
    However, there is no way that a corrupted transmission or any other interference from a client software could crash the game on your end.
    Please check that your WiFi reception is properly and that you don't run other programs in the background.
    We can not restore your game or statistics to a previous state as this depends on your advance during the game, if you loose a game you also loose the coins and winning percentage.
    The supplied player ID's have been checked and we can not find any irregularities in the accounts.
    For us it is not possible to monitor the games as they are played as only statistical data is transmitted between the devices of the players.
    To me that all sounds like some crap excuse.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mind loosing against a better player, but loosing for no good reason spoils the fun for me...
    Some friends have the same problems so we reverted back to mostly playing against us instead online players.

Thanks

I'm now officially done with playing this game online.
    The latest cheat I encountered today while in a tournament in the Tokyo Warrior hall did cost me the final against a level 10 player with no lost games so far.
    His cheat is simple and effective, both to win a match and to drive the other guy nuts:
    You just potted one of your last balls and you see the "waiting for response" message for a moment.
    Takes about forever to continue, but when it does the opponent takes the ball and places it in a good position for his next shot.
    Ok, might have been a glitch...
    He misses the next ball and I had a perfect lineup to pot the last ball before the 8, ball went in, games stops again and when it resumes the other guy just potted his last ball.
    Fails to pot the 8 and freezes me out again so he could finally win the game.

I don't know what people drives to do such crap but it surely works to make people play other games instead....
    So much for a nice addictive game on which I wasted many hours...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

why don't you just play your friends?
    unless you got none lol

Thanks

It comes down to coins...
    Once you got all the coins from your friends you have to loose a few games again

Thanks

Your just a shit player mate

Thanks

I think I am not a perfect player but if I play against someone that has a winning statistic of over 80% and over 200 games played the chances are slim.
    I don't mind loosing against a better player, just don't like being cheated on

• The Following User Says Thank You to Downunder35m For This Useful Post:

cobra679 (15-09-14)

Thanks

Was only kidding mate, I'll have to register one day and stop playing as a guest so we can have a game

Thanks

So you want me to install the game again???
    ROFL

Thanks

maybe over the weekend. I'll pm you for a challenge on here

Thanks

Ok, might even install it again an create another account, guess my old one is still quite empty LOL

Thanks

Default I used to think so too until...

In response to you thinking these players are cheating and the game suddenly "freezes"; did you ever stop to think that maybe you ran out of time? These tournaments are on a timer and you're allowed only a certain amount of time for each game. Is it possible they might be "luring" you around the table to eat up your time until you run out, therefore making them the winner? (Which may seem like a glitch or even the work of a hacker cheating you out of a win? Sure, it's a winning strategy statistically but a poor sportsmanship strategy in my opinion. These are the dregs of society that have nothing better to do than to play dirty and hide behind their little screens and constantly try to distract you with useless chat messages. (which by the way, we are now given the option to disable!) These idiots live in their imaginary cyberworld thinking they are poolhall hustlers or something. LMFAO. But thats all they have... an imaginary world bound by the walls of their room because if they stepped into a real live pool hall and tried that crap on real players they would get bounced right back to their dreamscape. Imagine some punk at a live tournament trying to distract another player at the table by chatting him up when he's shooting! It wouldn't be tolerated!
    And a friend gave me a list of things to do (when my game first started freezing) before complaining to miniclip. He said to:
    1. Make sure my internet speed was up to par. It was fast according to my internet provider, and they suggested I reset my modem and my wireless modem which was very simple. From the electrical outlet I unplugged my cable modem and also unplugged my wireless modem. All lights went out on both. They said to wait at least 30 seconds then and VERY IMPORTANT to plug them back in in this order: plug in cable modem first and WAIT until connection is completely reset which took about 45 seconds to a minute and THEN plug in my wireless modem. The first time I did this I got impatient and plugged them in one right after the other which for some reason rendered my whole connection useless! So I repeated the steps using their suggestions and voila! An amazing noticeable difference in game play.
    2. Clean out the internet cache, junk files, temporary internet files which I had no idea how to do so I downloaded a free utility to do this for me. (I personally use ccleaner)
    3. Defrag.
    4. Run both malware and virus scans.
    5. Do a windows update.
    6. Update both your internet browser AND your video player (mine is Adobe)
    7 Periodically perform these steps
    I did all of the above a few months ago and I have had only one problem and that was low batteries on my wireless mouse! I use to think that people were cheating against me all the time when my games would freeze or that miniclip needed to fix their programs whenever I was disconnected from a game. But then I did a little research and took my friends advice and now am enjoying playing pool all over again. I know there are lots of cheaters and houligans out there, but now I know there are a lot less and that a significant part of this problem was my own equipment. I hope this helps some.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Lagerfeld; 08-02-15 at 10:59 AM. Reason: incorrect procedure for resetting modem

• 04-10-16, 02:15 AM

Thanks

8 ball unfair ? Not sure! But it's a bit like life,all sorts of players, happy,determined, depressed, egotistical, hot tempered,cautious,bored, hackers,and very good people and players, an interesting and addictive game for people who cannot afford the time or the travel costs to go Surfing,Golfing,Mountain Climbing,Hangliding,Travelling the World,etc etc,
    Ps done all that but I still love 8 ball,
    Especially when you're playing young fellas full of testosterone that like to hit the ball hard every time and they have potted every ball and they are on their last ball before the black with an easy pot and in their haste to get to the black they don't take enough time over their last ball and miss it, now you haven't potted a ball remember and then you go about potting all of yours and the black to win the game, ahhh life can be sweet! You can almost hear the comments or the furniture being rearranged from the other side of the world, :-)
    Cheers mondo198

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Very old thread.

Closed