Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum problems in regards to SEO and forum upgrade

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

The SEO problem has come to head again and I am in plenty of hot water with our host. I am desperately trying to find someone to remove it at the moment that has experience in making sure we dont drop our entire ranking.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Tiny (08-09-14)

Thanks

I can view member profiles without logging in.

Is that correct?
    Never stand under a shadow that's getting bigger

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Surething View Post
    I appreciate your reply jok11n and i guess the fact there's no explanation yet from Staff may be because they're busy with far more pressing issues associated with the seo matter. Someone might still respond but if not i'll assume the second possibility is at least the more likely reason for it's demise and let the matter end here.
    Since when do Austech staff have to consult with you?

Thanks

They don't of course. And i didn't use the term 'consult' at all which indicates a rude expectation on my part of some pre-action. I referred to 'respond' in reference to my previous post in here, and 'be informed' which in the context used clearly indicates post-action. Further I didn't say Staff 'have to' do anything either which also would have been even more downright rude of me. I do regret that you've not quoted me correctly apparently because you've misunderstood my position. However, Admin has responded informatively even though it's clear from my 2nd post that it wasn't necessary so i appreciate he took the time when there's far more pressing matters to hand. It was only the co-incidental matter of the forum upgrade which made me post here at all.

I now see that it was an error to post asking if it was dropped accidentally and further you have now unfortunately taken me the wrong way. I have no problem at all with the thread's deletion. I apologise if you've read something more into this than i intended, and as far as i'm concerned this matter is ended as i said.

Administrator
    Thanks

No problem surething. Its a big change, not everyone will be happy but thats the way it is.

I have made contact with a man thats highly experienced in this and he is getting on the job. Due to the large amount of backlinks we have he will be doing this over his estimation of 2 days (I have advised our hosts that we need 2 days).

Fark, when it rains it pours.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Surething (08-09-14),Tiny (08-09-14)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antennaman View Post
    I can view member profiles without logging in.

Is that correct?
    Yes from memory.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    No problem surething. Its a big change, not everyone will be happy but thats the way it is.
    Thanks for that. Just to be clear though, i'm not at all unhappy. Was a little unclear at first is all [about what was required but it's crystal clear now]. Reiterating: "I have no problem at all with the thread's deletion."
    I have made contact with a man thats highly experienced in this and he is getting on the job. Due to the large amount of backlinks we have he will be doing this over his estimation of 2 days (I have advised our hosts that we need 2 days).

Fark, when it rains it pours.
    Feel your pain, been there done that have the scars. Thanks again for taking time to respond when you've got so much on your plate. Cheers and good luck, i hope there's no more beartraps/landmines from the seo upgrade.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Was there a problem between 2.45 pm and 3.15pm this afternoon with the server as I got that 'Forbidden Message' followed by that 'seo' one.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Surething View Post
    Thanks for that. Just to be clear though, i'm not at all unhappy. Was a little unclear at first is all [about what was required but it's crystal clear now]. Reiterating: "I have no problem at all with the thread's deletion."

Feel your pain, been there done that have the scars. Thanks again for taking time to respond when you've got so much on your plate. Cheers and good luck, i hope there's no more beartraps/landmines from the seo upgrade.
    Cheers mate, thanks appreciated.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Was there a problem between 2.45 pm and 3.15pm this afternoon with the server as I got that 'Forbidden Message' followed by that 'seo' one.
    Very possibly gordon, but as I am not doing the work I couldnt tell you.

I have had no adsl this morning to top things off, grrr, its pretty rare to have an outage but they are always at a bad time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,166 Times in 389 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I also was not able to log in during that interval but it was back up fairly quickly.
    For most of my life, I lived a delusion

Thanks

When I click on "Quick links", then "My threads", the next page shows the error "Please add more constraints to your search. Searches that return all or most of the database are a bad idea." ?

It only started happening recently.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loopyloo View Post
    When I click on "Quick links", then "My threads", the next page shows the error "Please add more constraints to your search. Searches that return all or most of the database are a bad idea." ?

It only started happening recently.
    You're not alone; I get that too. I'm sure the renovations on the forum will sort it all out eventually.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

I'm getting this strange popup when I click the Quick Links "My Post"

Administrator
    Thanks

We will get to that issue shortly. The SEO issue is the number 1 priority at this stage.

Administrator
    Thanks

Ok, the SEO problem has been removed and dealt with. It was no small job and I would like to thank Igor Kopylov for the work he has done. Absolutely brilliant, he has setup many many htacess folders to ensure that we dont lose out too much in search engine rankings from the SEO removal. We may drop a bit for a couple of weeks, there isnt much that can be done about that, but we will bounce back after that. There are plenty of horror stories since VBSEO went broke last year and people have tried to remove it not knowing what they are doing and they have basically lost out so much on Google search rankings they have killed their sites. Thats why it was so important that I found someone that knew what they were doing.

Igor is a photographer from the Ukraine and his site is if you are interested in photography. Its in Russian, but easy to translate.
    Igor dropped everything he was doing to help us out when I told him that we were in some serious trouble with it knocking servers out. Again, thanks Igor and I will be paying you more than the modest price you asked for and wont hear of you taking less.

On another matter, one I dont really want to discuss. I have probably gone through one of the darkest and most horrible periods of life ever recently and have tried to battle on but its getting hard. I havent really had a holiday for 20 years and on top of serious back and neck injuries I have had to deal with some very serious family issues. I'll battle on, I'm not looking for sympathy but my standard of work and getting work done on Austech is slipping badly and I apologise for this, I cant really keep up at the moment.

We are at least now in fairly good condition after a forum and server upgrade and igor's brilliant SEO rebuild and I now need to step back and try and deal with some of the shitty deals life has thrown me at the moment.

I will still be here of course but might step back a bit on posting and perhaps just stick to tech topics. I do have a plan to start getting the site a bit more popularity, it costs money but I think will pay for itself. But I will leave that for a little while and just take a bit of a break.

I appreciate everyones patience over the last couple of months but think we should be in for fairly smooth sailing from now in. The SEO removal has sped up the forum a bit as well and as we are now running on SSD's as well, its probably as quick as what we will ever run having to be based in international locations. One last thing I will do is look in to that issue via quick links and if I cant fix it, I will pay someone to.

Cheers
    Admin

• The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Bibliophile (11-09-14),fred49au (12-09-14),jok11n (10-09-14),kiwitech (11-09-14),LeroyPatrol (10-09-14),loopyloo (11-09-14),mtv (11-09-14),Surething (11-09-14),Tiny (11-09-14),tristen (10-09-14),WhiteOx (11-09-14)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Thanks Admin & Igor, what ever was done recently fixed the problem of Daily Email Notification on threads that I subscribe to. They started up again yesterday arvo after 6 days of none.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Administrator
    Thanks

I have repaired the issue with my posts and my threads via Quick Links.

I have tested both and it seems to work fine for me, but if anyone still has issues please let us know in this thread.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Tiny (11-09-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,166 Times in 389 Posts

We are at least now in fairly good condition after a forum and server upgrade and igor's brilliant SEO rebuild and I now need to step back and try and deal with some of the shitty deals life has thrown me at the moment.
    When life hands you lemons, it's time to start making lemonade.
    Good luck and hang in there.
    For most of my life, I lived a delusion

• The Following User Says Thank You to Bibliophile For This Useful Post:

Tiny (11-09-14)

• 13-10-20, 06:27 AM

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12