Thread: Permaconn Upload/Download

Thanks

Default Permaconn Upload/Download

Just removed the old PM1025 my house and installed a PM45v2.

I have installed the UDS software and the com0com port emulator.

Now my problem, When I go to DL900 and chose modem setup there is nothing (modem/port wise) in there that I can use to setup a modem and try to connect to the panel. I have generated a panel number using the UDS software.

The permacon site is lacking at the moment as far as I can find for documentation. I will give them a call on monday, but hope maybe others on here have set it up and con provide some assistance.

Cheers

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    Just removed the old PM1025 my house and installed a PM45v2.

I have installed the UDS software and the com0com port emulator.

Now my problem, When I go to DL900 and chose modem setup there is nothing (modem/port wise) in there that I can use to setup a modem and try to connect to the panel. I have generated a panel number using the UDS software.

The permacon site is lacking at the moment as far as I can find for documentation. I will give them a call on monday, but hope maybe others on here have set it up and con provide some assistance.

Cheers
    Having dialled into Hundreds of NX Panels via the PM45 V2, I will give you the settings we are currently using.

Connect Using: Standard 300bps Modem
    Initialization String Description: 3) Hayes Smartmodem 1200B internal (this shouldn't matter)
    Initialization String 1: Q0E0V1S9=1
    Initialization String 2: S7=255S10=255X0T
    Sound: On Until Carrier
    Volume: Med
    Port Baud Rate: 300
    Dial Type: Tone
    Dial Prefix: Leave Blank

If you have any issues after applying these settings, let me know.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Adro For This Useful Post:

mikey (13-09-14)

Thanks

Thanks adro, managed to get it working last night, the only part I couldn't get to work was the callback.

Any ideas on that? The panel is going offhook to callback... Do I need to program the same panel number into the callback location on the panel, or is the existing one ok? Does the panel number change each time the client is launched? I know it uses the serial number of the device to form part of the number.

Cheers

Thanks

Thanks adro, managed to get it working last night, the only part I couldn't get to work was the callback.

Any ideas on that? The panel is going offhook to callback... Do I need to program the same panel number into the callback location on the panel, or is the existing one ok? Does the panel number change each time the client is launched? I know it uses the serial number of the device to form part of the number.

Cheers
    Hi Mikey,

Panel number remains the same at all times. As for callback I am not sure. Easiest way to dial into an NX Panel via the RDC Software is to have the panel programmed to answer for 1 Ring 0 Calls. This makes the panel answer straight away. This is how we dial into them and we've got about 1k of them setup this way. PS, Permaconn have just Released the V3 GPRS Units which are also download capable.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Adro For This Useful Post:

mikey (13-09-14)

Thanks

Thanks Adro very helpful, just using the system in my house as a test at the moment to get a feel for setup and config. Managed to get it to work without callback (had to remove callback from system programming).

Slow to upload the panel though, took almost 35 minutes (Reliance 128, 2 NX148E alpha keypads, 1x vertex keypad, 3x NX216E expanders on system, 55 zones total).

Thanks

Thanks Adro very helpful, just using the system in my house as a test at the moment to get a feel for setup and config. Managed to get it to work without callback (had to remove callback from system programming).

Slow to upload the panel though, took almost 35 minutes (Reliance 128, 2 NX148E alpha keypads, 1x vertex keypad, 3x NX216E expanders on system, 55 zones total).
    This doesn't seem right. The longest it has taken me to upload a panel is about 15 mins and that site had 8-9 Expanders.

Thanks

It has to upload the zone and user info stored in the code pad, which is why it takes so long.