Thread: School Zones For TomTom

Thanks

Default School Zones For TomTom

Is There a POI available with just the school zones? I ask because if you enable the "Warn When Near Schools" in safety preferences it seems to give a wrning for all schools in the POI catagory. Which includes schools, universities, colleges and all the other educational type institutions which don't have school zones or need a warning.
    Last edited by Greg; 10-09-14 at 03:32 PM.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I dont know how Tom Tom works but I found an odd feature with my Aldi bought GoCruise GPS that when I went to Bathurst, all the schools etc were displayed along with the alerts but my nearest town, while all were shown on the map, I had to activate each and every one manually.
    For the Navman PiN, I had to go to each location and stop there and enter the location as an alert as back then no program was ever written for 'School' alerts as a 'POI'.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

I need an up to date school zone POI file. Don't want to use the Tomtom School zone setting as I said It bundles all the education institutions together rather than separating the schools which are the only ones needing the audio warning.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

You may not be able to select 'schools' from 'ALL' unless the actual program can be altered which I doubt so what you might have to do if you only pass a few regularly is enter them individually as POI's or Blackspots perhaps.
    The problem in doing the above and turning OFF the warnings would be if you were to go outside your normal zone, you would have to remember to turn the warnings back on.
    I would like to have the school warnings operate on weekdays when the schools are actually open, not 24/7 as all but a few more expensive GPS seem to do.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!