Thread: Italian transmitter manufacturers close?

Queensland - servicing rural Aust & Sth Pacific
    Thanks

Default Italian transmitter manufacturers close?

Ok, so I hear from industry colleagues that the following Italian DVB-T and FM radio transmitter manufacturers have closed their doors. A couple of these brands have been used in Australia. Spare parts and warranty may be an issue now.

Electrosys
    Elettronika
    Screen Services

I can only find info about the Screen Services closure on the internet. Anyone heard anything more? Better still can you post a link to any info regarding these closures?
    "the one with the sugar coating is the one that would otherwise taste worst".

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Smile Rumors or Concerns?

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Ok, so I hear from industry colleagues that the following Italian DVB-T and FM radio transmitter manufacturers have closed their doors. A couple of these brands have been used in Australia. Spare parts and warranty may be an issue now.

Electrosys
    Elettronika
    Screen Services

I can only find info about the Screen Services closure on the internet. Anyone heard anything more? Better still can you post a link to any info regarding these closures?
    This is new to me. We have just recently bought some new Elettronika equipment. Should we be worried about the warranty and the parts? Or it is just rumors passing around to reduce competition?

By any chances, do you have a reliable source to substantiate your statement?

Queensland - servicing rural Aust & Sth Pacific
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gingincb View Post
    This is new to me. We have just recently bought some new Elettronika equipment. Should we be worried about the warranty and the parts? Or it is just rumors passing around to reduce competition?

By any chances, do you have a reliable source to substantiate your statement?
    I can only find the details about the Screen Services closure. That's why I posted here. I am also looking to see if the other two can be substantiated. If they have closed then there may be a fair bit of stock dumped on unsuspecting Australian clients. I can say this however, do a bit of research into the history of your supplier. If you look you will find a few things I am sure you are currently unaware of.

Obviously it is poor form to bag any company (even when it is well justified). It really is the buyer who should beware. My experience is that no one wants to listen anyway particularly if they think they are getting a good deal (which later may not be the case).
    "the one with the sugar coating is the one that would otherwise taste worst".