Thread: LG V782W DVD VCR Combo & Bee Movie !

Thanks

Default LG V782W DVD VCR Combo & Bee Movie !

Folks, any assistance would be appreciated.
    Bought the Bee Movie DVD and the following happened.
    The first copy I bought came with scratches etc, ( the DVD clip on the inside of the plastic case had broken so Im assuming the ratling inside may have scratched it ), basically once I placed this DVD into the player, it started jumping from scene to scene, audio was screwed etc. Took it back, and got a brand new DVD. Once this was placed into the DVD player i got "disc load" and after about 30 seconds or so the DVD player spat it out. As a result, I now get the same thing with any DVD I try playing.
    I then took this same DVD to someone else's house, and tried it on their DVD player, they got bad disk ! and now they cant play anything on their DVD Player either !!!

I then went back to where i purchased the DVD and they tried it in two different players and the DVD works fine. I came home tried the same DVD in the laptop and that seems to play it fine as well.

So the question is, what happened ? and can I fix my DVD player including my mates !!! Ive tried the usual stuff, even setting the region to multi zone but still no luck.

I did read the following from another forum dated 2004 which almosts describes my situation to a tee...Ive ommited the irrelevant sections

----------

DVD-RW problem plus possible fix.

Two weeks ago, someone gave me a little DVD-RW movie camera disc to play in my V782W.

It was able to report that there was sound and image data on the disc, but nothing would play for me.

The next day, my wife calls me at work to tell me that every DVD loaded brings up the message "No disc".

After trying everything i could thing of (region code reset, DVD reset, turning off for 10 minutes, rebooting with a DVD in the tray, etc, etc......) I top off the top cover for a quick little peek, to see if a drive belt had popped off or fluff on the lens was the cause.

I found that when the tray was in the load position, the laser tried to read in the middle of the disk, and then moved to past the edge of where the DVD and then tried to read the disk. Then i placed a disk in the drive, the laser stayed "off the edge" and reports that it can't see any DVD loaded!

After playing with the little wheels and cogs, I found that if the laser was under a dvd when it was loaded, it worked fine until the next time the dvd tray was closed without a dvd in the tray.

Trying to spot the "simple solution" i found a very small micro switch just below the dvd tray. So, after powering down the player, i moved the switch from the down position, to the up position. To my great delight (and surprise) the laser moved to the centre of the dvd and it now works as it used to do.

Has anyone else had a simular problem? Does this switch sometimes move when a mini dvd disk is loaded?

------------------------

Ive opened up my DVD player but cant seem to find the switch they are refering to....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Here is the service manual I hope it helps

Its in djvu format they don't use pdf format anymore
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by best4less View Post
    Here is the service manual I hope it helps

Its in djvu format they don't use pdf format anymore
    much appreciated.
    Ive downloaded it and had a quick look but not much joy.
    I may have to look at taking it to a repair shop...

Thanks

Default part No for DVD Gear

hello,

my LG V782W did exactly what you are saying.

it had chucked a gear in the tray

part number 4470R-0130A Dvd gear $5.45

hope this helps