Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rule Update

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Really? And this is why social media is taking over, because you can create a group on say facebook at no cost or maintenance, just simply admin a odd post or member from time to time. Anyone who buys a hosting package then buys a vbulletin license then creates a forum purely do it because they want to create something and somewhere where people can engage, not whinge about who or if members should foot the bill, because lately to me it seems nearly every thread on austech is directed at taking up a premium membership, is this forum about the people or who's donating what?
    If you dont want to contribute, dont contribute, go to facebook if you find it preferable. Just to make it clear, we dont want your money. Or anyone else thats likely to do a song and dance over it.
    nearly every thread on austech is directed at taking up a premium membership
    Nice exaggeration. 3 recent threads in the Rules Information and Minor announcements section mention Premium Membership, none of which are titled anything to do with Premium Membership.

I will spell it out clearly since you cant seem to see the difference between a large forum and your forum for your mates on cheap shared hosting and seem to think its exactly the same.

1. After 5 years of reliable income for the site, we have had that income cancelled overnight with no notice whatsoever

2. Should we have enough Premium Member subscriptions/renewals in a month to pay the hosting bill, no one will be hearing anything. If we dont, then they possibly will. As it stands , we should be right at least for hosting.

3. We will be investigating other sources of income for the future. You will have to excuse me for not immediately pulling one directly from my arse, after all, according to you I am simply here to serve the membership free of charge 24/7.

Thats called the ebb and flow of a site that has been on the internet for 17 years. You take the good with the bad. From memory we have had the same thing happen twice in the last 10 years.

Although I have paid out of my own pocket in similar instances through Austech's 17 years, I will no longer be doing this due to being deemed permanently disabled, put on the Disability Support Pension and told not to work again. And unlike in previous hard times for the site I will not sell off items that I own to pay hosting bills. I have a net income of ZERO, I dont get paid by Centrelink because my wife works. I dont expect my wife to do overtime to pay for the pleasure of others, some grateful, some extremely ungrateful, to come here.

MTV covered it in 2 sentences so I dont know why I have to keep explaining it. I would think Maths 101 would cover it.

Now that I have that nice and clear, I will close this information thread rather than have it converted to a misinformation thread.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (03-11-14)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12