Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secure Az Rip Off

Thanks

Default Secure Az Rip Off

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else been ripped off by George Minogiannis AKA George Minos of Secure Az PTY LTD.

Previously Secure Az Group Pty Ltd, W & G Security Solutions and Stranger Imports Pty Ltd.

I have already reported this guy to ASIC for insolvent trading and about to report him to ATO for tax evasion.

I have already come across a couple of other security companies he has ripped off as well. Just in the process of making a nice list for SLED to prove that he is not a suitable person to work in the security industry.

Feel free to PM me if you can assist me in this matter.

Cheers Milo.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I do not know the individual named, or the company.

If it is (secureaz.com.au) however I do note with interest some of the claims:

Secure Az Services clients can be assured that they are receiving the best monitoring service available.

Our Security Control Centre supports clients, over sophisticated network links, and is manned 24 X 7 by experienced operators.

The Security Control Centre has full redundancy and back-up of all systems and meets all Australian Standards for Monitoring Centres.

Their name isn't published on any of the grading lists that I have ever seen. So either they own a monitoring centre which evidently does NOT meet Australian Standards in any demonstrable fashion, or they DON'T own a monitoring centre and are instead relying on carefully chosen words. Sort of like me referring to "My airline" Qantas (you know, because I happen to fly them occasionally).

This is by no means an isolated example but illustrates what I was discussing in .

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I notice the force1 url also goes to secureaz website.

Thanks

Thanks admin. Did an ASIC search and yet another one of his fly by night companies.

He admitted to my solicitor that when ever a business goes "bad" he just liquidates it and opens up another company in another family members name. (He is banned from being a director himself).
    Currently his wife is director. Recently it was his sister in law.

Dan,

He doesn't own a control room. He uses a few different control rooms. One of which has taken over his lines due to non-payment.

I really hope SLED do go through his company, but I am just after a little more ammo so when they do its not a little slap on the wrist.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    I really hope SLED do go through his company, but I am just after a little more ammo so when they do its not a little slap on the wrist.
    What you have to remember, is that SLED can only enforce the requirements of the Security Industry Act. Some of what you've referred, even if correct is nevertheless outside their purview.

For example, if companies in NSW have unlicenced staff, that's easy. However if they also pay below-award, trade while insolvent etc. these are not enforceable by SLED despite being bugbears of this industry. Having said that, when SLED do identify problems (typically where there's smoke, there's fire) they will report these to their mutual contacts at other agencies e.g. Fair Work Australia. Similarly, the ATO and other agencies now report matters to SLED, however the security industry is in the same pile as cleaners, builders and every other cash industry so I wouldn't be holding my breath for anyone's door to be kicked in...

SLED were definitely looking into issues with phoenixing. Unfortunately in many cases there is a lot of scuttlebutt and hearsay, but not hard evidence. It's also a problem that some businesses 'dob in their competitor' and I'm sure SLED receive a lot of vexatious submissions that carry little substance.

And of course investigations and prosecutions take time.... All very frustrating so the best thing you can do is continue to do the right thing, and wait for karma to take its natural course.
    Last edited by downunderdan; 05-11-14 at 03:31 AM.

Thanks

Hi Milo,

I also been ripped off by George from Secure AZ. I done a mobile patrol job for 3 months couple of months ago and he didn't pay me a single cent. He is very good in making excuses and telling me that other companies didn't pay him so he cant pay me as well. Apparently, other company is his brother his name is CON KALLIS MPS Security WATCH OUT that dickhead AS WELL I contacted and reported to the centre management and SLED about his way of doing business they all are aware of his actions and for ripping everyone. He is a shameless person and he swear his kids for money. He is a bastard and I also lodged a complaint against him in Liverpool Court. he will be getting notice from court soon.Let me know if you need me to assist so we can recover our money back.

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else been ripped off by George Minogiannis AKA George Minos of Secure Az PTY LTD.

Previously Secure Az Group Pty Ltd, W & G Security Solutions and Stranger Imports Pty Ltd.

I have already reported this guy to ASIC for insolvent trading and about to report him to ATO for tax evasion.

I have already come across a couple of other security companies he has ripped off as well. Just in the process of making a nice list for SLED to prove that he is not a suitable person to work in the security industry.

Feel free to PM me if you can assist me in this matter.

Cheers Milo.

Thanks

Gents,

If someone 'rips you off' and/or owes you money, SLED can be sympathetic but probably can't help you as it isn't within the scope of the Security Industry Act. There are other avenues for recourse.

However, if a company is put into involuntary liquidation, SLED can revoke and/or not reissue their Master licence. This is what led to Sargent Security's rapid demise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post
    Gents,

If someone 'rips you off' and/or owes you money, SLED can be sympathetic but probably can't help you as it isn't within the scope of the Security Industry Act. There are other avenues for recourse.

However, if a company is put into involuntary liquidation, SLED can revoke and/or not reissue their Master licence. This is what led to Sargent Security's rapid demise.
    Also noticed that all of these companies in question display the toothless tiger logo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bss904 View Post
    Also noticed that all of these companies in question display the toothless tiger logo.
    Just carried out a member search on the ASIAL website and couldn't find them listed as a member, so I've emailed ASIAL directly.

Thanks

TrevW, as with the GLS Licencing service for master licence lookups, you may find that ASIAL memberships are attached to a corporate entity and not necessarily their trading name.

Thanks

Yeah Dan, I emailed ASIAL with a link to the SecureAz website asking if they were members, as I had tried searching on the secureaz name and couldn't find them, but added that I may have been using the search facility wrong or not searching for the correct name. I'll post back when I get a reply from ASIAL.

Thanks

Got a reply back from ASIAL this morning - Secure Az are no longer members and ASIAL will be taking action to get them to remove the logo from their website.

Thanks

Do you still need industry association membership to hold a master license?

Thanks

Not in NSW.

Thanks

Thanks Nash,

I will keep an eye on how things go.

Milo

Thanks

Default SecureAZ

Thanks Nash,

I will keep an eye on how things go.

Milo

Look at the Date ...

Thanks

you could also have him charged with obtaining goods and services by deception
    if he was trading whilst insolvent .

i did this to a manager of a company who got me a few yrs back, while the fine he got
    was negligible he didn't realise the implications till later on when his police record kept coming up
    for the fraud and theft conviction.
    dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

• The Following User Says Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

MCman (13-07-15)

Thanks

Default George

he can be found in waterloo, he bought a cafe by the look of it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zzzzzz View Post
    Look at the Date ...

This is a very old thread that has been dragged to the surface. That link leads to a 2013 document.

See for a more recent notice.
    Last edited by downunderdan; 15-07-15 at 08:56 AM.

Thanks

I know off him well,
    He was trying to buy a cafe but the deal fell through.
    He is in security
    Last edited by Pak; 16-07-15 at 09:28 PM.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast