Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ​2015 Honda RC213V-S Road Bike

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

I much prefer the service intervals of the Postie Bike
    Next one is in 5 years.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Tiny (26-04-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    It does??? Ok, i see what your talking about now....
    The Japanese are good at stopgap marketing when they are caught with their pants down. All the Japanese manufacturers have put major development on hold for years because of the GFC, it hit them pretty hard in this sector because sports bikes are toys. Toys don't sell when everyone is broke!

Europe kept the cool stuff coming; the HP4 and cheaper variants, Ducati's Panigale etc. While the Japanese focussed on cheap, fun bikes - Yamaha MT09/07(MT09 engine was ripped from their jetski range!), Hondas new CB range, Kawasaki the Z1000 range.

Yamaha is notorious for development secrecy - I think the new R1 has shocked everyone on how good it is (for the money)...they will now be playing catchup, particularly in electronics. Check out the vid, especially from about 5.00 into it when they talk about the electronics...you can let it to control a slide if you have the balls!

If a man says something in a forest and there is no woman there to hear it, will that which has been said still be wrong?

Some people are like clouds. When they go away its a beautiful day.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SCADA For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (26-04-15),Tiny (26-04-15),weirdo (26-04-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Rumour has the 2015 Honda RC213V-S Road Bike priced at ~$70K

Edit; I'd like to see them do a sport bike version, in the ~$25k bracket with street pistons & service intervals more like a Fireblade.
    That makes more sense. I would consider buying a V4 super sport bike. It would sound awesome!

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

Tiny (26-04-15)

Thanks

That R1M looks and sounds impressive especially from a technology point of view. The new Tuono will have the ability to connect your iPad and download and change settings. Seems that's the way they're all going.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SCADA View Post
    Yamaha is notorious for development secrecy - I think the new R1 has shocked everyone on how good it is (for the money)...they will now be playing catchup, particularly in electronics. Check out the vid, especially from about 5.00 into it when they talk about the electronics...you can let it to control a slide if you have the balls!
    Thanks for that, another on my list if Honda don't play catchup & make a serious attempt at the V4 sport bike market with a road user version of the RC213v.

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    The new Tuono will have the ability to connect your iPad and download and change settings. Seems that's the way they're all going.

Leroy
    Hmm, the Aprilia has been on my list for a while, if Honda don't get their act together with a realistically priced 1000cc V4 Sport bike I'm seriously considering the Aprilia.
    Bloke I used to race with has one & loves it.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

I must admit, modern 1000cc Sports Bikes have been more than capable for years now.
    I really wonder why people feel the need for 200hp in a 170Kg package. Then to make a fuss over a few hp here and there.

I don't know many people that can ride one anywhere near their potential, nor crank one over as far as they can go, or can keep hand cut slicks up to them for spirited road riding.

Yep, i'd love an Aprilla RSV, I'd love a BMW HP4 (if they didn't breakdown so much), after blasting around on a mate's '12 R1 with power commander, akraprovic pipes, i have no idea why you need more power, the thing power wheelies just rolling it on passing cars in tall gears.

But, i still love the V-Twin to ride... It doesn't do anything particularly well, but it ticks all the boxes.

These Hyper Super Sports Bikes are mental....
    Amazing to think things will only progress from here..... I remember when the RC30 was the shit.... Its amazing nowdays.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 26-04-15 at 08:45 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

Tiny, take a diavel for a ride. Perfect bike for tassie. ....

Thanks

This new R1 is telling you where its heading...the electronics will be the experience. Soon big, fat middle aged hacks will be doing monster, tyre smoking slides around every corner on Philip Island track days! Just like the MotoGP guys can. The lap times wont be the same, but the experience will be awesome!
    If a man says something in a forest and there is no woman there to hear it, will that which has been said still be wrong?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    Tiny, take a diavel for a ride. Perfect bike for tassie. ....
    They are amazing. I couldn't believe it could go around corners so well. So much power. Very comfy for touring! Sounds awsome, like a there woud be any doubt, from the L Twin engine.
    Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 27-04-15 at 04:20 AM.

Thanks

This new R1 is telling you where its heading...the electronics will be the experience. Soon big, fat middle aged hacks will be doing monster, tyre smoking slides around every corner on Philip Island track days! Just like the MotoGP guys can. The lap times wont be the same, but the experience will be awesome!
    Even with all the electronic aids I'd still be struggling to ride like that. There's no way I'll every be able to ride the full potential of my CBR. But part of the experience is just having the bike you like despite what some think. I'll buy a 1198 or the like, not because I'm the best rider but I like the engine, torque, sound with termi pipes, that clutch rattle lol. It won't be my main ride.

..........Leroy

Thanks

• The Following User Says Thank You to SCADA For This Useful Post:

Tiny (14-06-15)

Thanks

Ridiculous stoopid pricing isn't it. I'd rather a Ducati Superleggera or Desmocedecci

Leroy

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Who are they fn kidding, they will be getting no order to build from me.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member

Thanks

Hey Tiny,
    take away the $240,000 that leaves $4000.00. Just scored a VFR400 track bike and have $400.00 change from the $4000.00.
    Track day at Symonds Plains was diabolical today. Rode in the bloody frost to get there and as the day got longer it did not get
    much warmer. By 1:30pm the track got damp again and most called it a day. Did get a couple of decent 10 minute sessions in on
    the SP1 in the morning

Thanks

I was hoping to do a track day in Brno last Thursday ona nre R1. Just couldn't make the logistics happen

Leroy

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12