Thread: Kleenmaid DW29X will not finsih wash cycles

Thanks

Default Kleenmaid DW29X will not finsih wash cycles

hi guys,
    probably not the best place to put this question out there but if there is some Appliance techs out there maybe you can assist.

my Kleenmaid dishwasher model DW29Xis not finishing the cycles and stops, can't say whether it is 1/4 , half way ,3/4 of the way trhrough or near the end.
    But there is water in the bottom, so it has stopped some where before it has started a pumping cycle to expel this water or this is still the initial fill at the start??.

For those familiar with the control panel I get the Attention symbol (triangle with ! i the middle) flashing lights up and the 30m and 15m are lit solid.

Any ideas what these light are trying to tell me?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and thanking you all in advance.

KZ

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Smile

First thing to check is the drain spigot under the sink.
    Remove the dishwasher drain hose from the s-bend connection,shine some light into the connection you may find it blocked up.
    Clean it out,check the hose for blockages as well,put it back on and try it again.
    If it still fails you need to bail out the water and look for a blockage in the drain pump.
    This info is relevant for all brands.
    Hope this helps !

• The Following User Says Thank You to timmbo For This Useful Post:

mtv (16-11-14)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I did a 'Google' using the brand name and model and found this 'link' for that machine.

I had a brief look under possible faults (page23) and saw one suggestion is as mentioned earlier, a kinked or blocked hose/drain.

Failing that, you might be able to ring the company's customer help line and ask them for advise.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 16-11-14 at 12:23 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Thanks guys. looks like need to "get under the hood" and look at the pump and motor and check for any partial blockage. I checked timmbo and it looksed like water was getting out through the pipe into the pipes unbder the sink. can feel the hose getting hot and can hear the water "flowing" .Gordon, page 23 if it is the same as the manual that i downloaded I am trying to get confirmation as to what those messages or lights mean?? but then which lights are they? Once again thank you so far. I an determined to get to the bottom of this one..have contacted kleenmaid for a service manual but will not hold my breath!!!

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Harry, I wish I could answer as I wondered the same thing based on the drawings shown which is why I suggested calling the company as it wont be the first or last time variations in manuals have occurred nor has one manual been issued for all irrespective of their variations.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

The lights could be indicating D06 error motor overload.
    When you have the hood off check the wash pump it see if it spins freely,also check the run cap for the motor.
    They leak or go open circuit causing the pump to fail.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by timmbo View Post
    The lights could be indicating D06 error motor overload.
    When you have the hood off check the wash pump it see if it spins freely,also check the run cap for the motor.
    They leak or go open circuit causing the pump to fail.
    timbo
    the cap was the problem.
    I had a another machine and it must have had the same problem as I replaced the whole motor and still the same issue.
    I did contact the Kleenmaid people in Sydey and a nice lady sent me a few pages that allowed me to track down a more detailed docuement
    I did find a better "service manual" as this machine was a fsgor-brandt-herakles_001UK-0306. Sorry do not have the link readily right now.

Thansk you all and I now have anothr one to fix (i think it is the same model)

Thansk you all
    KZ

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harry0102 For This Useful Post:

gordon_s1942 (05-12-14),timmbo (04-12-14)