Thread: Endeavour Energy urgernt solar repair WTF????

Thanks

Lightbulb Endeavour Energy urgernt solar repair WTF????

2day I have received a letter from Endeavour Energy formal Integral Energy that they will inspect and repair for free my solar system due to some statistical faults etc. If I don't allow it they may disconnect me. I gave them a call asking what type of repair are they going to do and CS told me that they do not know. They need access to the meter, inverter and the panels. Can some one tell me what is going on? My panel work fine I do not want any idiots playing with my stuff. It's been working fine for years. And I am a little suspicious about "free repair" from my experience there is nothing free in this country unless someone wants to screw you over. Any comments???? Any electricians doing this type of work ATM please leave some comments.

copy of the letter is attached below.

Cheers:

CC

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

Sounds like a scam. When you rang the company did you use a number from the letter, or use a 'known' number?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 1,059 Posts

They want to alter the meter because you send too much into the Grid.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Does not look serious.

They want to check you DC isolation switch as there have been faulty instals done by installers.

The inspector may fix it for free, or advise you of what needs to be done if he cannot, or if you prefer you can arrange your own licensed sparky to do it.

Any instal deemed too dangerous or faulty it may be isolated from the grid.

Whats the issue? Looks like some inspections for faulty work or issues in my eyes.

No mention of modifying things to alter what you feed back to them.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

Tiny (19-11-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Does not look serious.

They want to check you DC isolation switch as there have been faulty instals done by installers.

The inspector may fix it for free, or advise you of what needs to be done if he cannot, or if you prefer you can arrange your own licensed sparky to do it.

Any instal deemed too dangerous or faulty it may be isolated from the grid.

Whats the issue? Looks like some inspections for faulty work or issues in my eyes.

No mention of modifying things to alter what you feed back to them.

Yeah that's normal they just checking to make sure they comply with the standards as their was many shonky come and go installers bit like the bat scheme

Chieflets
    It's amazing how 2 people could be one on forums, must be identity theft cough cough 

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

If you have concerns, just be present when the boys turn up and have a chat to them.
    It is the Retailer that has contacted you, not some third party trying to sell you something.

They have explained the reason for the visit and Audits are nothing new at all.

Sadly, this doesn't say much about the inspector that passed the work prior to connection in the first place!
    You should have his name on your paper work (Cert. of Electrical Safety), ask the boys that question when they turn up and see what they have to say.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 19-11-14 at 08:12 AM.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrownClit View Post
    2day I have received a letter from Endeavour Energy formal Integral Energy that they will inspect and repair for free my solar system due to some statistical faults etc. If I don't allow it they may disconnect me. I gave them a call asking what type of repair are they going to do and CS told me that they do not know. They need access to the meter, inverter and the panels. Can some one tell me what is going on? My panel work fine I do not want any idiots playing with my stuff. It's been working fine for years. And I am a little suspicious about "free repair" from my experience there is nothing free in this country unless someone wants to screw you over. Any comments???? Any electricians doing this type of work ATM please leave some comments.

copy of the letter is attached below.

Cheers:

CC

Join the Whirlpool forum and ask the same question there and you will get plenty of replies. Great site for anything to do with Solar

Have a peek
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 19-11-14 at 09:02 AM.