Thread: Foxtel IQ box on a single 10700 LNB help!

Thanks

Default Foxtel IQ box on a single 10700 LNB help!

Hi Guys,
    Wondering if anyone can help. I have a holiday house that we go to about once a month which has a dish with single input LNB.
    I was wanting to just bring the IQ box with us to watch some channels etc while we are away. When I first arrived and plugged it into LNB input 1. I was getting no signal.
    I accessed the hidden LNB menu and it was set to 1070. I just hit save again and then I found that the signal strength on input 1 was nice and high and I started to get channels again.
    i thought this was all done but then after about an hour the channel I was watching went off and I received a no sat signal error.
    Is there a setting on the IQ that can tell it just to use the one input? I am not concerned about recording just watching channels.
    I really cannot justify a new setup at the holiday house as we don't get to go up there that often.
    If anyone can help that would be great.
    Thanks

Look Here ->
    Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

This question gets asked a lot.

The box needs 2 inputs to function correctly.
    Even if you split the cable to the 2 inputs; the box will have a dummy spit every now & again if it can't get both Horizontal & Vertical signal lock.

If you're so short of cash you can't afford to spend ~$60 on a new dual output dual polarity LNB & $10-$20 for some cable & connectors, try getting an old one from your local tip or council cleanup, & just buy the cable.

EDIT; Have read of this thread,
    Last edited by Tiny; 20-11-14 at 11:42 AM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

admin (20-11-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    This question gets asked a lot.

The box needs 2 inputs to function correctly.
    Even if you split the cable to the 2 inputs; the box will have a dummy spit every now & again if it can't get both Horizontal & Vertical signal lock.

If you're so short of cash you can't afford to spend ~$60 on a new dual output dual polarity LNB & $10-$20 for some cable & connectors, try getting an old one from your local tip or council cleanup, & just buy the cable.

EDIT; Have read of this thread,
    Thanks for that. I am not short on cash and just wanted to leverage what is there currently without going onto the roof etc.
    What I don't understand is that if the IQ requires 2 cables regardless of whether you use the recording function or not why does a normal non-iq box not require the 2 cables?

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Standard box only has one tuner that switches the LNB from horizontal polarization to vertical when needed.

IQ has 2 tuners; both switch the LNB from horizontal polarization to vertical when needed.

And just in case you ask.
    How many tuners in IQ2?
    Foxtel enables all four iQ2 tuners. Foxtel finally enables the last tuner on its iQ2 recorder which means you can now record two programs at once while watching a third,..........
    Last edited by Tiny; 20-11-14 at 01:47 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

admin (20-11-14)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

In addition to the above, the iQ goes through a 'self test' when turned on and periodically.

Sometimes it checks one input and the other at other times.

If signal is not present on the input when it is 'checked' the box will display an error, assuming there is an LNB/cabling/signal fault.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (20-11-14),tristen (21-11-14)