Thread: Sentinel Alarm (Ness Product)

Thanks

Default Sentinel Alarm (Ness Product)

Hey Guys,

I have an issue with my sentinel alarm, I believe it is a NESS product. Keypad model is KPL-97. Any help will be much appreciated.

Basically, this morning the alarm went off even though it was not armed. I inputted the correct security code, however the alarm did not disarm and it continued make the loud alarm sounds. After about 10 minutes the sound stopped by itself. I noticed during that time that the following lights on the keypad were and continue to flash:
    downstairs sensors
    garage sensor
    front door sensor

The tamper and memory lights are also flashing. However the lights corresponding to the windows are not flashing. This has never happened before and the battery for the alarm has been recently changed (roughly a month ago). Has anyone experienced this problem before? I'm really worried the alarm might go off randomly once again. Any help will be much appreciated!

P.S. I've also tried to contact sentinel and ness but they are only opened from monday-friday.

Thanks!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Sounds like a 24 hour zone has gone off, could be a smoke detector if you have one, siren or panel tamper.
    It's concerning that the system didn't disarm after you input the code though.
    I'd be checking to see if the panel cover is shut properly for starters.

I'm unfamiliar of this type of system. A picture of the keypad could be handy if your still having problems

Thanks

Hi, the early version D8's would go into fail safe mode due to a low battery.

These early D8's would trigger 24hr devices like tampers, smoke detectors & duress etc.

You may have experienced a brown out which has caused a voltage drop on the battery & also a voltage drop across his keypad, making it useless.

I would say the battery you purchased is probably crook, or the pcb battery charge circuit has failed.

Without measuring the battery charge voltage with a metre we wont know.

Did you replace the battery or did a tech service the Alarm and check the output voltage and charge circuits ?

regards MCman

Thanks

Hey,

Thanks for the advice guys

Sentinel came around about a month ago and replaced our battery.

We had an electrician come around (only because it was a Saturday and no one else was available) and he thinks the circuit board is the issue, somehow it's stuffed up. I'm not too sure if he checked the output voltage and charge circuits though.

Thanks

the cause maybe the batteries in it are not installed properly