Thread: Strong SRT-4653x - Final Patched Firmware?

Thanks

Question Strong SRT-4653x - Final Patched Firmware?

Hi,
    I've looked all over the internet (for several hours at least) and cannot find any active links for the patched firmware for the old SRT-4653x, does someone have the latest (or recentish) version of it?

I just dug mine out for some satellite fun and it still has the old 1.01 factory firmware!

Thank you very much in advance for any effort!

p.s. why is there an American flag as one of the default smilies but no Australian one to be found?

p.p.s. by the way, thank you for a fantastic forum and I'm sorry it took so long for me to actually post something!
    Last edited by Links 234; 05-12-14 at 09:42 AM.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

You certainly are a long-term, silent lurker, Links1234.

Anyway, better late than never I suppose...and while I think of it, "Welcome to the forum and make yourself at home!"

Try the Satsupreme forums (ex Sat Television.com) at fro what you seek.

As for the American vs Australian flags, you had better ask the management.

Thanks

Many thanks for the Welcome!

I have spent a long time this morning searching through each individual page at that link for any model codes starting with 465 and I couldn't find anything to suit the 4653x that was still valid.

I will also admit, I have actually already asked on that forum - with no replies as yet.

I know it's rather pointless with it only being an old SD stb, but considering I don't watch terrestrial television (I don't even have the antenna connected to anything) perhaps you can see this is more out of curiosity than a desire to watch anything. Definitely not anything local (I'm interested in obtaining Japanese television).

Thanks!

Premium Member

Thanks

That's a fairly old receiver and official factory software for that model has not been revised/updated for some years.

If you still have original v.1.01 software in the receiver, perhaps SRT4651-3X_4654X_AU_124_20090430.stb (v. 1.24) from the Strong Australia website at will suffice?

You mentioned "modified" software, but that will also fall into the same category, i.e. not a current receiver/too old for people to bother updating software for.

The "newest" modified software I have in my archives (year 2008) is v.1.52p, which I have uploaded to .

You will not find any "recent" software for this model, considering its age.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

welcome aboard Links 234
    probably just factory firmware here
    will have a look around some more

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Thanks

Super, thank you all. I have actually this morning found v1.83p (from S.U.), but I think I will try to put v1.52p above on it instead as for some reason 16:9 full-screen doesn't work when I use v1.83p. It just shows 4:3 pan view no matter what setting you give it. Odd.

I have managed to get Optus C1 & D1, I might have got D2 (cannot remember) and am currently on Intelsat 19 with a 90% signal - all Ku only from an ex-Foxtel dish - but I haven't for the life of me been able to get any Ku satellites with Japanese broadcasts other than the one clear NHK world channel on Is19. That said, I don't have a satellite finder so it's a painstaking one-person business of adjusting then climbing down and seeing what happened and climbing back up, etc...

I guess for what I really want I'd need a C-band dish and to be honest I can get what I want at my own pace online anyway I suppose - the same reason I don't have terrestrial television...

Anyway, is there a reliable file upload site somewhere that doesn't require sign-up that I could upload v1.83p to for the archive's sake of this thread or should I not bother?

Premium Member

Thanks

Thanks for reporting your progress and it's good to see that you have found some software which has enabled you to get the receiver working again.

The only Japanese channel receivable in Australia on Ku-band that instantly comes to mind is NHK. (There is NHK Premium which is a pay channel).

Although there are many Japanese channels broadcast in Ku-band on several satellites, they are on domestic footprints and do not extend to Australia.

I doubt that you will find many, if any, in C-band either.

Check the Lyngsat and Satbeams (ex SatcoDX) websites for further information.

In view of the SRT-4653X age, I doubt that there would be much interest in the software, but thanks for offering.
    Last edited by tristen; 06-12-14 at 01:09 PM.