View Poll Results: Which one causes more violence - Video games or Quran?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Video Game

2 13.33%
  • Quran

13 86.67%

Thread: Which one causes more violence - Video games or Quran?

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Default Which one causes more violence - Video games or Quran?

Our youngsters (worldwide!) use to play video games. Most (90+ %) of these have violence to content. Remember several mass killers, including Anders Breivik, Jared Lee Loughner and Adam Lanza, were active players of violent video games, like "Call of Duty." The youngsters bring the violence which they thus have trained on to the road. Attacks in schools became known, where teachers and classmate were shot, dozens in every case. Not only in the US. The police reports speak a clear language. The criminal statistics are frightening. Result: shrug.

Young jihadists ( i.e. any Muslim who runs the indiscriminate killing of non-believers ), as for example those who have joined IS, have been blamed for hundreds, if not even thousands, of deadly attacks. Result: Islamophobia.

So the question "Which one causes more violence - Video games or Quran?" came into my mind. What's your answer?

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Given that video games don't contribute to violence despite what people like Hilary Clinton imagine.
    There isn't a point to a poll and everybody hates muslims (even other muslims).
    So they're not going to get a fair trial and especially from a loaded deck.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (10-12-14),Seymour Butts (07-12-14)

Banned
    Thanks

Violence is caused by the lack of respect to anothers Freedom.
    Or when someones Freedom has been taken from them.
    Much of it is fueled by alcohol when judgement is compromised.

Those that are not involved with violence would have no idea.
    Only the violent know , and only the violent need to be polled?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

i grew up playing video games , didnt do me any harm . they are only games after all .

its your conscience that decides how violent you want to be.
    in the case of gullible religious psychopaths ,they are taught by thier "spiritual leaders" to commit violence and that they are heroes for doing so. nothing to do with video games at all.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Hatred causes violence!
    There is no poll option for that so I can not vote.

Too many Muslims minds are molded(brainwashed) already in young childhood to hate the westerner.
    The Quran is used as a tool for this, although one might argue about this interpretation.
    It is not the book but the people who seed the hatred and create violence.

So do video games cause hatred?
    They are played for entertainment so I would think not.
    It is possible that a video game that enables you to wipe out IS terrorists for example,
    could be used as a vent to relieve built up anger caused by that hatred and in the end lead
    to more satisfaction and less violence in real life.

However (there is always a however) I see risks with mentally instable people who have difficulties
    coping with the real world.
    I also see the risk of children being conditioned (molded) to adore violence through violent video games
    and condemn parents that allow (or are not aware) that their 10 year olds are playing them and that
    there is no balance between the amount of constructive games and destructive games available.

There is proof that constructive games(with a little bit of violence if you want) can be popular like MineCraft but the industry does not want to know about that and mainly promotes violent games.
    I find them boring and repetitive.

I personally get enough satisfaction with the violence involved in a game of chess.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 09-12-14 at 03:03 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    i grew up playing video games , didnt do me any harm .
    You grew up in the age of space invaders.

I bet the moment the alien fleet arrives and starts an excessively long landing pattern while slowly carpet bombing, you loose all grip you have on reality and start shooting at the sky !

That's my case for the affirmative.

For the negative,
    World War Three arrives with and an EMP and thousands of first person shooter video gamers emerge from their abodes to save the world.
    Armed with their combat training millions of fat kids each grab their dad's shot gun or handgun (in USA) or their little brother's nerf gun or super soaker in Australia and start running down their street to save the world. 99% of them are gasping for breath after the first 50 metres. Most die from cardio-pulmanary complications in the first hour.
    Those that do make it to the nearest cross street are shot by real people because they thought that trees and car doors provide cover from bullets and it takes at least 20 hits to die and then you can come back for another go.

On the other side of the world you get a free Quran with every AK47 purchase!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

Learjet (11-12-14),VroomVroom (10-12-14)

Thanks

I have played video games for years and yes a lot of them are violent. As someone above said it is only a game. For someone to be influenced to commit violent acts by playing video games or listening to music they must have something neurologically wrong with them to start with. A bit soft in the head.

P.S. My favourite game is Carmageddon which was banned when it was first released in 1997 due to its graphic nature. I love the new version of this game but I dont want to go out and kill any one.
    De
    VK3AWG

All Religions Are Cults Just Some Are More Readily Accepted Than Others.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vampyre For This Useful Post:

Learjet (11-12-14),VroomVroom (10-12-14)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

I played carmageddon too, old version but found the graphic nature more amusing than violent
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Learjet (11-12-14),vampyre (10-12-14)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Actually, the kids that grew up playing video games may well be of some use. Put them in a control bunker with a VR helmet and I reckon they'd do alright flying the drones voer the battlefield. Either that, or do waht the Muslims do, use them as canon fodder.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,166 Times in 389 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    I played carmageddon too, old version but found the graphic nature more amusing than violent
    Anyone remember Postal?
    For most of my life, I lived a delusion

Thanks

Never played Postal but the first "violent" first shooter I remember playing was Wolfenstein 3D (DOS game).
    It was soon banned in Germany which made things slightly more exciting because I lived there at that time.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (11-12-14)

Thanks

Scorched earth.
    What do you think is going to happen to everybody on this planet when I get my grubby little hands on a MIRV ???

I used to go and play Soldier of Fortune II with friends at a MUD once a fortnight for our "secret men's business."
    I can remember getting hammered in the game one day and standing up at my computer terminal and yelling out to everybody in the real world; "I'm going to fvcking cut you all!!!"
    Venting in the real world so that I could get back on with the business of slaughtering them the virtual world.

I always wanted to get into "second life" and become a serial killer.
    Breaking into people's virtual houses and ####ing up their virtual shit and in my spare virtual time standing on a virtual street corner selling virtual crack cocaine.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 391 Posts

I remember carmageddon, the original was great! Duke Nukem also. I remember downloading the gory version where blood and guts went everywhere! If I see blood and guts in the real world I faint!

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Forgot Wolfenstein3D! The only game I ever got to the end of was "UFO, enemy unknown". It was of similar ilk, just not quite as gory.