Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Street Guardian in car camera

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Street Guardian in car camera

Any questions about the STreet Guardian camera range ? Post them here.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Is there a motorcycle model ?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 637 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    Is there a motorcycle model ?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Not in this range, we do handle the Innovv C3 though which has a waterproof remote lens, might suit your needs

• The Following User Says Thank You to jok11n For This Useful Post:

peteblundoon (15-04-16)

Thanks

How do you go about buying this model SG7LA50G (and with the member discount)? The Guardian website says out of stock.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RB0135 View Post
    How do you go about buying this model SG7LA50G (and with the member discount)? The Guardian website says out of stock.

Thanks
    they're coming through customs at the moment, expect them to muck us around for a few more days yet

transaction will be offline though not through the website as we don't have any discount mechanism built in but the out of stock flag will be removed shortly (forgot to ask our web guy the other day)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jok11n For This Useful Post:

admin (15-12-14),peteblundoon (15-04-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jok11n View Post
    they're coming through customs at the moment, expect them to muck us around for a few more days yet

transaction will be offline though not through the website as we don't have any discount mechanism built in but the out of stock flag will be removed shortly (forgot to ask our web guy the other day)
    Great, thanks for that (yep customs.... ). So what will be the mechanism to order once they are cleared?

Thanks,
    Rob

Thanks

just shoot me a PM here when you're ready and I'll get your details and give you info on how to process etc

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Earlier this year I bought the Uniden iGO 850 that also uses a GPS tracking system and found it was not the most user friendly program to run, at least not for me.
    I will be the first to admit I am quite a drone at times in setting up programs as I seem to run around in a never ending circles as what they call 'User Friendly' or 'Intuitive' just doesnt seem to work for me.
    Playing back any recorded images from the iGO was straight forward and I have no problems with the images from either camera on straight playback but their propitiatory playback program which you download from the website took me a few days to get it to work after a fashion.
    I rang Uniden and was told the playback program was a bit quirky but they sent me an update to correct it but I couldnt get it to work or at least I couldnt see what if any difference it made.

Basicaly it would be interesting to see how the 2 compare regarding the ease of viewing the recorded video with the tracking showing.

From previous posting there has been a lot of time, effort and energy spent developing this and I hope the market place appreciates this and you get a good return for your investment as I am sure the purchasers of this unit will get good value for their money.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

jok11n (15-12-14)

Thanks

I am interested in an SG9665GM. How can I order so as to take advantage of the discount offer? Is delivery from Australian stock?
    Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by premsat View Post
    I am interested in an SG9665GM. How can I order so as to take advantage of the discount offer? Is delivery from Australian stock?
    Thanks.
    yes stock is in Sydney, PM me details and I'll give details on how to purchase

as an aside, if anyone purchases one from this offer and happens to win the draw you can choose to get another or we'll refund your purchase, either way is no problem

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jok11n For This Useful Post:

BillyGoat (16-12-14),peteblundoon (15-04-16),WhiteOx (16-12-14)

Thanks

Hope this is not a stupid question.
    Do these cams need professional installation, or are they just a stick on windscreen ?
    Cheers

Thanks

Easy enough to install yourself but I'm sure we could talk you through any issues you think you might have

Thanks

cheers for the response, just need to work out which one to buy.
    Thanks
    Gavin

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gavogr View Post
    Hope this is not a stupid question.
    Do these cams need professional installation, or are they just a stick on windscreen ?
    Cheers
    Any dumb idiot (like me) can use one.

I set mine camera up in the car and let it run for a day, next day i removed it, had a practice the next day putting the memory card into my PC to check the images and make sure it worked and that it operated correctly.

Placed it back into the vehicle and left it there for over a year, never to look at it again.

A year later my vehicle was hit by a Semi in a hit and run, my vehicle was destroyed, truck drove off, camera caught it all, including the trucks number plate, truck driver ended up losing his license with a list of serious charges laid against him because i had footage with a birds eye view of the whole thing including his plates.

Best thing you can add to your vehicle for your own protection.

You could get into a accident like i did, or even worse killed, no witnesses, no way to prove whose fault it was or how the event occurred, its your word only if the guy drove off and you didnt get the plates (like some phantom truck that hit me) or your word against somebody lying and you have no way to prove it. (like the truck driver tried to do in the police interview room)

With camera footage, there is no lying, only the truth showing for police and your insurance.

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

jok11n (16-12-14),loopyloo (20-01-17),lsemmens (21-12-14),mkhannah (16-12-14),peteblundoon (15-04-16),Tiny (18-12-14),VroomVroom (16-12-14)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    A year later my vehicle was hit by a Semi in a hit and run, my vehicle was destroyed, truck drove off, camera caught it all, including the trucks number plate, truck driver ended up losing his license with a list of serious charges laid against him because i had footage with a birds eye view of the whole thing including his plates.
    I was reading that post the other day and your youtube video link is dead. Do you still have the footage ?

Thanks

Also a dumb question, can the unit be hardwired instead of via a plugin holder as I hate the sight of trailing cable on the dashboard.

Last week I was driving up to Katoomba and was rammed by a lady who drove from the centre lane into the left lane.

She did not heed my hooting and continued into my lane, forcing me to brake, avoiding damage to my vehicle by millimetres.

Would have loved to have record this idiot...cannot wait to purchase a Street Guardian.
    Last edited by Freelander2; 16-12-14 at 09:26 AM.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freelander2 View Post
    Also a dumb question, can the unit be hardwired instead of via a plugin holder as I hate the sight of trailing cable on the dashboard.
    There isnt a trailing cable on the dashboard. Its quite easy to push the cable up around your inside windscreen and then down under your inside door seal, then under your lower dash and up to your cigarette lighter.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

jok11n (16-12-14)

Administrator
    Thanks

Rick, what do you suggest for cards bigger than 32 gb ? (got the package in the mail, thanks )

I need a 32 gig card for something else, so was thinking if I have to buy another I might make it a bit bigger.

Thanks

Thanks

Just hold off on that for the moment if you can, we're doing an update to add support for some more card types, update is due shortly

• The Following User Says Thank You to jok11n For This Useful Post:

admin (16-12-14)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Freelander2 View Post

Last week I was driving up to Katoomba and was rammed by a lady who drove from the centre lane into the left lane.

She did not heed my hooting and continued into my lane, forcing me to brake, avoiding damage to my vehicle by millimetres.

Would have loved to have record this idiot...cannot wait to purchase a Street Guardian.
    Depending on how new your car is, I found my AU11 wagon has nearly a 7mm (1/4 inch) gap between the headlining and the windscreen rubber so after mounting the camera in front of the rear view mirror. I carefully ran the wires into that space along to the side pillar which being plastic, was flexible enough to allow the wires to be carefully pushed 'under' the pillar cover down to the dash and down where the door closes to get to the ciggy lighter for power.
    You can go either left or right from the camera, its depends on how easy it is to do.

I have 2 sets of wiring in there now as my Rear view mirror is connected to a Reversing Camera so one set goes to the 'left' of centre, the other to the 'right, all neat and tidy and unless you look hard, their almost invisible.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

gavogr (16-12-14),jok11n (16-12-14),peteblundoon (15-04-16)

• Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast